• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creation Of Universe

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
And lo! Amazingly enough, there was nothing before the Big Bang. Time came into existence then, as did reality.
I beleive that God existed before any "big bang". Time(as we know it) did come into existance, but who is to say, nothing existed "before" it? Were you there in the instant/eternety "before", just to make sure?

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
Mister Emu said:
I beleive that God existed before any "big bang".
Your first two words are the strength in this statement.

Mister Emu said:
Were you there in the instant/eternety "before", just to make sure?
Perhaps the same can be spoken about your proof of Jesus performing those miracles.

stemann

Time Bandit
I beleive that God existed before any "big bang". Time(as we know it) did come into existance, but who is to say, nothing existed "before" it? Were you there in the instant/eternety "before", just to make sure?
1) You believe God existed before the Big Bang, I believe there was no existence before it, i.e. if God does exist, then existence came into being along with Him.

2) My argument was that my view was equal in stature and possibly greater in evidence than yours.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Perhaps the same can be spoken about your proof of Jesus performing those miracles.
I already posted my proof. Personal Revelation. I never claimed another.

My argument was that my view was equal in stature and possibly greater in evidence than yours.
Just how pray tell would your view hold more evidence?

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
Mister Emu said:
I already posted my proof. Personal Revelation. I never claimed another.
And you (possibly by choice) missed my point entirely and decided to agree with
Michel. Funny that. Anyway that isn't a concern, or what we are talking about.

However, My question is about time before the universe was created. If God was around for an infinite time before the universe was created then how did he ever get to the point where he decided to create something? Did he get bored?

stemann

Time Bandit
Just how pray tell would your view hold more evidence?
My view is consistent with almost all evidence found; including that of God, since Miracles, revelation etc. can be described by psychologists (psychology is a science). Everything can be shown to obey the laws of physics and the idea of the God of Classical Theism being the only perfect uncaused being has been refuted as part of arguments against the ontological argument.

AND quantum mechanics explains how things (such as the universe) could come into existence for no apparent reason.

I know this backs up God as well but it can still be proven that omnipotence and omniscience are impossible. The theory of God being created by man fits into logical argument better than teachings about God and His will, etc.