• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creationists: What happened to all the Dino's?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
eugenius,

You're asking a lot of questions about creationism (specifically, young-earth creationism), but you're not getting any responses from your intended audience.

Are you really curious about how they attempt to answer these questions, or are you just spoiling for an argument? If it's the former, I suggest you go visit a young-earth creationist website, e.g. AnswersinGenesis or ICR. If it's the latter...well, I guess you'll just have to wait for a YEC to come along.

Tristesse

yeah, and whatever killed the dinosaurs should have killed us, if we were living simultaneously. The creationists view of life makes the flinstones look like a documentary. haha

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
yeah, and whatever killed the dinosaurs should have killed us, if we were living simultaneously. The creationists view of life makes the flinstones look like a documentary. haha

It didn't kill us because we were safe and sound living in caves. What is more safe than living in a house made of solid rock! The dinosaurs simply weren't smart enough to move into caves like we did. Additionally, wooly mammoths and giant sloths had already taken all the large caves.

Christiain

People die. Species die. Worlds die. Can we be so sure Jesus isn't flying around on the back of a giant dinosaur right now.

Tristesse

It didn't kill us because we were safe and sound living in caves. What is more safe than living in a house made of solid rock! The dinosaurs simply weren't smart enough to move into caves like we did. Additionally, wooly mammoths and giant sloths had already taken all the large caves.

haha I can't tell if your joking. But you don't think the rocks from the caves would have collapsed in on us? Or were we living in magical caves? ;)

eugenius

The Truth Lies Within

ok lol, so what happened to them? they died because they weren't in a cave?

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
haha I can't tell if your joking. But you don't think the rocks from the caves would have collapsed in on us? Or were we living in magical caves? ;)
Yes! Magical caves....

Back then physical laws were slightly different than they are now. The speed of light was different, the physics of gravity were different, people lived for centuries so human physiology was different, and apparently fossils magically accrued from minerals.... or something. Sandy W' can explain it better.

Have you not read about the magical cave that Jesus walked out of? The magical cave that the Delphic oracles did their prognosticating in? All of the legends that populate caves with all manner of dragons and Grendel-like threats?

All because of magical caves!

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
ok lol, so what happened to them? they died because they weren't in a cave?
Look, I can't argue for atotalstranger 'cause he is far more capable than I in explaining this, so I'll just say two words: Slee-Staks.
Deal with that magic-cave-denying-evolutionists!
land-of-the-lost.jpg

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Ok soooooooo, you're putting it out there, that ever skeletal fossil, of every dinosaur that was ever discovered, was formed by chance somehow? :foot::foot::foot::foot::foot:

Not by chance, but either by The Devil to trick us, or by God to test our faith. :yes:

Either way makes perfect sense, right?

Right?

The-G-man

De Facto Atheist
I refer people to the late great Bill Hicks on this subject, look it up on youtube who himself was Christian but himself found this hilarious. As this basically is how i feel about the subject too.
There is no evidence at all to suggest that we lived alongside Dinosaurs, no Human remains ever found inside a dinosaur, no human body found in the same periodic rock as Dinosaurs, the only mammals that have been found to live in these times were rodents.
i thought they believed the world was 6000 years old? but the Dinosaurs lived 65 million years ago, so which is it?
their logic baffles me.

Last edited:

Im an Atheist

Biologist
Were they all slain, if so, by whom?

I saw a show about a cool Christian amusement park, which had a display of children playing alongside raptors and other dinosaurs!!!!!

I wish I lived back then.

It's impossible to tell what exectly happened to them. However, i strongly believe that it was a meteorite, which was monumental, hit the earth and eventually wiped out life (dinosaurs).

However, a good point to raise is, where does the mass extinction fit into the bible? It states that God created Earth and every living thing, however, there is nothing about dinosaurs.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
The K/T event was just the last nail in the coffin. The late Cretaceous was a violent time in history. The Deccan traps, deepening Atlantic, drying Western Interior Seaway and overall cooling temperatures were long having their impact on global species diversity.

But the dinosaurs survived it anyway... as birds. :cool:
Lot's of other groups, including several mammal lineages, were not so fortunate.

wa:do

D111

D111
That's a good question, that no one can fully answer. We can only speculate and develop theories. The thing about a theory though, is that it's an idea of what may have happened. We have more questions than answers about life in general. No one that is here now existed back then, so we'll never know. No Scientist, or religious leader can answer this.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's a good question, that no one can fully answer. We can only speculate and develop theories. The thing about a theory though, is that it's an idea of what may have happened. We have more questions than answers about life in general. No one that is here now existed back then, so we'll never know. No Scientist, or religious leader can answer this.

You seem to be underestimating our ability to investigate things we don't see in front of us, D111.
Are you saying personal observation is the only sure way to know something? It strikes me as the least reliable method.

j76

In the 19th century, creationists used to say that god had buried the bones of dinosaurs that never existed in the ground

gnomon

Were they all slain, if so, by whom?

I saw a show about a cool Christian amusement park, which had a display of children playing alongside raptors and other dinosaurs!!!!!

I wish I lived back then.

What do you think they served at the last supper. Raising people from the dead builds a hefty appetite.