• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Crocs'

w00t

Do any of you own the plastic shoes called 'Crocs'? I have heard that George Bush has a pair, even that didn't put me off owning three pairs as they are so comfortable!:D

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Yuck. I don't care how comfortable they are. They're so ugly. Probably one of the, if not the, ugliest type of shoes I have ever seen.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
My wife is a Crocs fiend......she has 6 or 7 pair. I have resisted so far.........One of these days she will buy me a pair and then I will have to wear them at least a time or two.

w00t

Normally I don't do fashionable as I am not interested in clothes at all, but these shoes are so comfortable I couldn't care less what they look like!

lunamoth

Will to love
I never heard of them till I moved to Colorado, but not long after they were everywhere. My kids have them and wear them a lot. They are ugly I did not think I'd ever have a pair until we got our puppy and I realized that they would be perfect for when I have take to the puppy out in the wee hours (to literally wee). They do make my feet sweat but I usually have socks on (yes I wear them with socks but it is dark and the only one who sees is the puppy). I bought $5 knock-off at Walmart. Is that wrong?

anders

From a quick googling, I think that similar stuff is rather popular in Sweden, but ours seem to be better ventilated. There have been two objections: 1) they contain some environmentally unfriendly stuff, and 2) hospitals and IT dense environments have banned them, because they build up static electricity that fries delicate electronics. Personaly, I think they look stupid, and am a great fan of the Southern Swedish type clogs.

w00t

Blimey then mine are the equivalent of about $60! I believe clothes and shoes are more expensive in the UK