• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

crucifiction

Popeyesays

Yes, but we're talking about Jesus. Surely he wouldn't be like ordinary men regarding something like this. He would be one that I think should have been able to refuse to carry his cross. Sometimes I wonder why he didn't heave it with all the strength he could muster at a Roman soldier?

For the same reason he healed the Temple soldier that Peter wounded with his sword in the Garden of Gethsemane, It was not Christ's purpose to fight.

Regards,
Scott

Scott1

Yes, but we're talking about Jesus. Surely he wouldn't be like ordinary men regarding something like this. He would be one that I think should have been able to refuse to carry his cross. Sometimes I wonder why he didn't heave it with all the strength he could muster at a Roman soldier?
I sometimes like to imagine Jesus turning into a 72 foot tall ninja robot..... he kicks the Roman's butt.... writes on the temple "Peter is the first Pope"... and then rockets away.

Alas.... Jesus was the "Lamb of God" and not the ninja robot.... he knew his death would save us from sin, and that's what happend.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
He could have called ten thousand angels... but he died alone for you and me (Christian Hymn)

Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7 but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
NIV

yousaf

there is a big difference between the bahai explanation and the proper explanation. because bahaullah as he was known tryed to use the quraan to explain his theory's and beliefs nauthubillah

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
For one thing, the dude from Nazareth was 'nothing' in the eyes of most then, certainly not the Romans. Secondly, wasn't it part of His whole martyrdom thingy to do all of this and die for you guys?