• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DailyMail: A new discovered bible.

ankarali

Gospel of Barnabas
Christians say that was written by a muslim.
I read it this is a history about Jesus Christ. It has been written by one of the follower of Jesus, Barnabas
I didn't see a conflict to the Bible. Barnabas accuse Pavlos to not be honest and he says Jesus was not a God but a prophet.
He says also Jesus has not died in the crufix but he was Judah (Judah Iskariyyot)
God made Judah's face as Jesus face and Judah's has dien in the crufix and Jesus was taken to the sky.

Last edited:

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Gospel of Barnabas
Christians say that was written by a muslim.
I read it this is a history about Jesus Christ. It has been written by one of the follower of Jesus, Barnabas
I didn't see a conflict to the Bible. Barnabas accuse Pavlos to not be honest and he says Jesus was not a God but a prophet.
He says also Jesus has not died in the crufix but he was Judah (Judah Iskariyyot)
God made Judah's face as Jesus face and Judah's has dien in the crufix and Jesus was taken to the sky.

Let's not misrepresent what's going on here. The Gospel of Barnabas goes completely against what's in the Bible. It also was not written by the biblical Barnabas. It was written in the 16th century, probably in Spain, then went on to Italy. Let's not fudge this. Muslims like to claim that the Gospel of Barnabas proves Islam's superiority over Christianity, but I have a question: do you agree that Mohammed is the messiah, in denial of what the Qur'an teaches? Because that's what the Gospel of Barnabas says. So, you either accept the Qur'an and reject the Gospel of Barnabas, or accept the Gospel of Barnabas and reject the Qur'an. Can't have it both ways.

ankarali

Let's not misrepresent what's going on here. The Gospel of Barnabas goes completely against what's in the Bible. It also was not written by the biblical Barnabas. It was written in the 16th century, probably in Spain, then went on to Italy. Let's not fudge this. Muslims like to claim that the Gospel of Barnabas proves Islam's superiority over Christianity, but I have a question: do you agree that Mohammed is the messiah, in denial of what the Qur'an teaches? Because that's what the Gospel of Barnabas says. So, you either accept the Qur'an and reject the Gospel of Barnabas, or accept the Gospel of Barnabas and reject the Qur'an. Can't have it both ways.

I didn't say I believe in Gospel of Barnabas but I read it and I marked also that according to Christians it was written by a muslim. I don't try to prove that islam is superior to Christianity. You are free to choose your relgion the God gave us this freedom and a muslim's aim no to prove that islam is superior to Christiannity but to be a good believer to obey the God.

note: Muslims also believe in Jesus but as a prophet

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
I didn't say I believe in Gospel of Barnabas but I read it and I marked also that according to Christians it was written by a muslim. I don't try to prove that islam is superior to Christianity. You are free to choose your relgion the God gave us this freedom and a muslim's aim no to prove that islam is superior to Christiannity but to be a good believer to obey the God.

note: Muslims also believe in Jesus but as a prophet

I'm not a Christian, I'm a Buddhist. I was only pointing out the fallacy of a Muslim accepting this work as something inspired by a higher being. There is some research to suggest, and I'm not sure how valid this is, that it wasn't a Muslim who wrote it, because it contains doctrines that Muslims would reject as well as Christians, but it was an attempt to syncratize the two into one religion.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
I don't know whether or not he's an agnostic in the Huxley sense; but I was facepalming because the article implied that agnosticism is mutually exclusive with atheism.

That would make a lot of people facepalm xD

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
In "The God Delusion" I remember reading he gave himself a 9.5 out of 10 on a scale where 1 there may be a god, and 10 there is 100% no god...in so many words

so an agnostic atheist :p