• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dark days for the Trump administration.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It has been said, and I have said it, the Trump administration is in the dark when it comes to running a Presidential administration. I know there are Trump supporters here that don't agree, that think I am exaggerating, or speaking metaphorically. But the evidence has come out, these guys are literally in the dark.

Donald Trump's team in the dark because they can't find the light switch.
That's what happens when someone comes into the White House determined to destroy the system. But more and more I'm thanking him for uniting the Democratic Party and the left and mobilizing the country. Who else could have gotten 97 tech companies united against an executive order, for example. Those who want to boycott companies because of their opposition will be living in tents having given up cell phones because both Apple and Google are united here.

1. AdRoll, Inc.

2. Aeris Communications, Inc.

3. Airbnb, Inc.

4. AltSchool, PBC

5. Ancestry.com, LLC

6. Appboy, Inc.

7. Apple Inc.

8. AppNexus Inc.

9. Asana, Inc.

10. Atlassian Corp Plc

11. Autodesk, Inc.

12. Automattic Inc.

13. Box, Inc.

14. Brightcove Inc.

15. Brit + Co

16. CareZone Inc.

17. Castlight Health

18. Checkr, Inc.

19. Chobani, LLC

20. Citrix Systems, Inc.

21. Cloudera, Inc.

22. Cloudflare, Inc.

23. Copia Institute

24. DocuSign, Inc.

25. DoorDash, Inc.

26. Dropbox, Inc.

27. Dynatrace LLC

28. eBay Inc.

29. Engine Advocacy

30. Etsy Inc.

31. Facebook, Inc.

32. Fastly, Inc.

33. Flipboard, Inc.

34. Foursquare Labs, Inc.

35. Fuze, Inc.

36. General Assembly

37. GitHub

38. Glassdoor, Inc.

39. Google Inc.

40. GoPro, Inc.

41. Harmonic Inc.

42. Hipmunk, Inc.

43. Indiegogo, Inc.

44. Intel Corporation

45. JAND, Inc. d/b/a Warby Parker

46. Kargo Global, Inc.

47. Kickstarter, PBC

48. KIND, LLC

49. Knotel

50. Levi Strauss & Co.

51. LinkedIn Corporation

52. Lithium Technologies, Inc.

53. Lyft, Inc.

54. Mapbox, Inc.

55. Maplebear Inc. d/b/a Instacart

56. Marin Software Incorporated

57. Medallia, Inc.

58. A Medium Corporation

59. Meetup, Inc.

60. Microsoft Corporation

61. Motivate International Inc.

62. Mozilla Corporation

63. Netflix, Inc.

64. NETGEAR, Inc.

65. NewsCred, Inc.

66. Patreon, Inc.

67. PayPal Holdings, Inc.

68. Pinterest, Inc.

69. Quora, Inc.

70. Reddit, Inc.

71. Rocket Fuel Inc.

72. SaaStr Inc.

73. Salesforce.com, Inc.

74. Scopely, Inc.

75. Shutterstock, Inc.

76. Snap Inc.

77. Spokeo, Inc.

78. Spotify USA Inc.

79. Square, Inc.

80. Squarespace, Inc.

81. Strava, Inc.

82. Stripe, Inc.

83. SurveyMonkey Inc.

84. TaskRabbit, Inc

85. Tech:NYC

86. Thumbtack, Inc.

87. Turn Inc.

88. Twilio Inc.

89. Twitter Inc.

90. Turn Inc.

91. Uber Technologies, Inc.

92. Via

93. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.

94. Workday

95. Y Combinator Management, LLC

96. Yelp Inc.

97. Zynga Inc.

omega2xx

It has been said, and I have said it, the Trump administration is in the dark when it comes to running a Presidential administration. I know there are Trump supporters here that don't agree, that think I am exaggerating, or speaking metaphorically. But the evidence has come out, these guys are literally in the dark.

Donald Trump's team in the dark because they can't find the light switch.

He can't do any worse than what has been runnign our country for the last 8 years. Then Dems don't even have a good bulb in the light fixture.

omega2xx

That's what happens when someone comes into the White House determined to destroy the system. But more and more I'm thanking him for uniting the Democratic Party and the left and mobilizing the country. Who else could have gotten 97 tech companies united against an executive order, for example. Those who want to boycott companies because of their opposition will be living in tents having given up cell phones because both Apple and Google are united here.

1. AdRoll, Inc.

2. Aeris Communications, Inc.

3. Airbnb, Inc.

4. AltSchool, PBC

5. Ancestry.com, LLC

6. Appboy, Inc.

7. Apple Inc.

8. AppNexus Inc.

9. Asana, Inc.

10. Atlassian Corp Plc

11. Autodesk, Inc.

12. Automattic Inc.

13. Box, Inc.

14. Brightcove Inc.

15. Brit + Co

16. CareZone Inc.

17. Castlight Health

18. Checkr, Inc.

19. Chobani, LLC

20. Citrix Systems, Inc.

21. Cloudera, Inc.

22. Cloudflare, Inc.

23. Copia Institute

24. DocuSign, Inc.

25. DoorDash, Inc.

26. Dropbox, Inc.

27. Dynatrace LLC

28. eBay Inc.

29. Engine Advocacy

30. Etsy Inc.

31. Facebook, Inc.

32. Fastly, Inc.

33. Flipboard, Inc.

34. Foursquare Labs, Inc.

35. Fuze, Inc.

36. General Assembly

37. GitHub

38. Glassdoor, Inc.

39. Google Inc.

40. GoPro, Inc.

41. Harmonic Inc.

42. Hipmunk, Inc.

43. Indiegogo, Inc.

44. Intel Corporation

45. JAND, Inc. d/b/a Warby Parker

46. Kargo Global, Inc.

47. Kickstarter, PBC

48. KIND, LLC

49. Knotel

50. Levi Strauss & Co.

51. LinkedIn Corporation

52. Lithium Technologies, Inc.

53. Lyft, Inc.

54. Mapbox, Inc.

55. Maplebear Inc. d/b/a Instacart

56. Marin Software Incorporated

57. Medallia, Inc.

58. A Medium Corporation

59. Meetup, Inc.

60. Microsoft Corporation

61. Motivate International Inc.

62. Mozilla Corporation

63. Netflix, Inc.

64. NETGEAR, Inc.

65. NewsCred, Inc.

66. Patreon, Inc.

67. PayPal Holdings, Inc.

68. Pinterest, Inc.

69. Quora, Inc.

70. Reddit, Inc.

71. Rocket Fuel Inc.

72. SaaStr Inc.

73. Salesforce.com, Inc.

74. Scopely, Inc.

75. Shutterstock, Inc.

76. Snap Inc.

77. Spokeo, Inc.

78. Spotify USA Inc.

79. Square, Inc.

80. Squarespace, Inc.

81. Strava, Inc.

82. Stripe, Inc.

83. SurveyMonkey Inc.

84. TaskRabbit, Inc

85. Tech:NYC

86. Thumbtack, Inc.

87. Turn Inc.

88. Twilio Inc.

89. Twitter Inc.

90. Turn Inc.

91. Uber Technologies, Inc.

92. Via

93. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.

94. Workday

95. Y Combinator Management, LLC

96. Yelp Inc.

97. Zynga Inc.

You left wingers have not yet figured out that the Dems broke the system and that is why Trump was elected.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
He can't do any worse than what has been runnign our country for the last 8 years. Then Dems don't even have a good bulb in the light fixture.

Sure, he was far from perfect, but it seems that almost everyone who claims that Obama was a disaster are also those who voted for Bush, twice. Thus their judgement is useless.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You left wingers have not yet figured out that the Dems broke the system and that is why Trump was elected.
Congrats on rewriting history as it seems that you have forgotten what the situation here and in much of the world was in 2008-2009.

omega2xx

Sure, he was far from perfect, but it seems that almost everyone who claims that Obama was a disaster are also those who voted for Bush, twice. Thus their judgement is useless.

Same same with those who voted for Obama twice. I can understand voting for him the first time, be then we found out he was a weak snake-oil salesman.

omega2xx

Congrats on rewriting history as it seems that you have forgotten what the situation here and in much of the world was in 2008-2009.

Evidently you think our situation has improved. If it had, Clinton would be president and you would not need a puppy to pet.

Akivah

I thought it was obvious. The guy has no political experience, therefore it stands to reason, that he will have a long experience curve before he figures out how to be president.

The implementation of the travel ban is evidence of his inexperience. It was just thrown out there with no regulations, no interpretation, not even a set of Q&A. So all the agencies were confused over how to implement it to their particular facts and circumstances.

omega2xx

I thought it was obvious. The guy has no political experience, therefore it stands to reason, that he will have a long experience curve before he figures out how to be president.

The implementation of the travel ban is evidence of his inexperience. It was just thrown out there with no regulations, no interpretation, not even a set of Q&A. So all the agencies were confused over how to implement it to their particular facts and circumstances.

Only according to the left wing media. l The person in charge said he know what it was about.

It is amusing that no matter what Trump does , you lefties go overboard to find fault with it. It only makes you look like foolish obstructionists.

Akivah

Only according to the left wing media. l The person in charge said he know what it was about.

It is amusing that no matter what Trump does , you lefties go overboard to find fault with it. It only makes you look like foolish obstructionists.

You misunderstand me. I favor the ban, I just think the implementation was sloppy.

metis

Evidently you think our situation has improved. If it had, Clinton would be president and you would not need a puppy to pet.
You seem to have a very short memory or maybe no memory at all. Our country was in an economic freefall, losing 700,000 jobs per month, and you really honestly think we're worse off now? We were in two non-ending wars, with American soldiers coming home regularly in body-bags, and you honestly believe we're worse off now? The DOW almost tripled under Obama, and yet you honestly believe we're worse off now? Our allies had much more respect for Obama versus Bush and now Trump, and you really honestly think we're worse off under Obama?

metis

From Jewish Federation:

In response to Friday’s Executive Order banning refugees from seven predominantly Muslim countries, we stand with our major religious movements, national Jewish organizations, and many local synagogues in expressing deep concern with the President’s order.

As Jews we have a unique relationship to the plight of the refugee and the suffering of those fleeing war and persecution. Searing images of Syrian families digging out from bombed houses; of frightened children cowering in the arms of their parents or washed up on shore as they desperately seek safety remind us of our own history and the world’s indifference. Many of our parents and grandparents came to this country at the turn of the last century fleeing pogroms in Eastern Europe. Many Holocaust survivors, lucky to have gained entry to the United States, settled in our communities. They were saved by American compassion and contributed to America’s greatness. They bear witness to the horrors of genocide, the tragedy of doors being shut, and the obligation of Jewish people to stand for what is right, moral, and principled. Sadly, many others who desperately tried to reach our shores 75 years ago were denied entry and were sent back to Europe to their deaths...
-- https://www.jfedgmw.org/crc/plight-of-refugees

BSM1

What? Me worry?
You seem to have a very short memory or maybe no memory at all. Our country was in an economic freefall, losing 700,000 jobs per month, and you really honestly think we're worse off now? We were in two non-ending wars, with American soldiers coming home regularly in body-bags, and you honestly believe we're worse off now? The DOW almost tripled under Obama, and yet you honestly believe we're worse off now? Our allies had much more respect for Obama versus Bush and now Trump, and you really honestly think we're worse off under Obama?

Shall we not mention the nineteen trillion dollar debt we are now experiencing; and before you answer we already know that a) it's George Bush's fault, or b) it's the Republican Congress' fault, or c) it's Wall Street's fault, or d) a catastrophic meteor hit the earth and that it is it's fault.

From Jewish Federation:

In response to Friday’s Executive Order banning refugees from seven predominantly Muslim countries, we stand with our major religious movements, national Jewish organizations, and many local synagogues in expressing deep concern with the President’s order.

As Jews we have a unique relationship to the plight of the refugee and the suffering of those fleeing war and persecution. Searing images of Syrian families digging out from bombed houses; of frightened children cowering in the arms of their parents or washed up on shore as they desperately seek safety remind us of our own history and the world’s indifference. Many of our parents and grandparents came to this country at the turn of the last century fleeing pogroms in Eastern Europe. Many Holocaust survivors, lucky to have gained entry to the United States, settled in our communities. They were saved by American compassion and contributed to America’s greatness. They bear witness to the horrors of genocide, the tragedy of doors being shut, and the obligation of Jewish people to stand for what is right, moral, and principled. Sadly, many others who desperately tried to reach our shores 75 years ago were denied entry and were sent back to Europe to their deaths...
-- Plight of Refugees | Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ

Yeah, deal with it.

omega2xx

You misunderstand me. I favor the ban, I just think the implementation was sloppy.

I did misunderstand you. The implementation was probably a little, sloppy, but not as bad as the liberal media has characteristized it.

omega2xx

I think we were worse off under Obama than under Bush, who I did not especially like. Our allies had no respect for Obama, who IMO, will go down as our worst president. The dow did not come close to tripling under Obama and we were not losing 700,000 jobs a month.

In fact when Obama took office the DOW slipped back to its lowest level of any inaugration since it was started.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Who else could have gotten 97 tech companies united against an executive order, for example.
Honestly? Pence.
Our allies had no respect for Obama
There is no truth in that statement.
Obama, who IMO, will go down as our worst president.
Considering we've had the likes of Andrew Jackson, your claim is extremely unlikely.
The dow did not come close to tripling under Obama and we were not losing 700,000 jobs a month.
Obama's economic legacy: Unfinished business
In January 2009, the economy was in free fall. Millions of Americans were losing jobs -- and their homes. Businesses were going bankrupt. The all powerful American banking system and the invincible U.S. auto companies needed government bailouts.

The United States hadn't seen anything that bad since the Great Depression.

Today, the nation has come a long way.

"The strides we've made the last eight years are pretty amazing," hedge fund manager Jim Chanos told CNN's Poppy Harlow in October.

In Obama's first few months in office, unemployment hit 10.3% (it would later be revised to 10%). Today it's down to 5% -- what most economists consider normal and healthy.

To put it another way, America has added almost 9.3 million new jobs since Obama took office. That's after subtracting all the job losses from the recession.

Obama still falls well short of the employment gains under Presidents Reagan and Clinton, but he's done a lot better than George W. Bush.

The president has plenty of economic successes to tout as he shapes his legacy in his final year in office: the country is nearing full employment, the stock market is near all-time highs (despite the recent pullback), corporate profits have shattered records, there's (nearly) universal health care, gas prices are at $2 a gallon, and the federal deficit has shrunk.
Obama was not perfect. But you're going to need facts to criticize him, not fallacies and fabricated lies.

metis

Shall we not mention the nineteen trillion dollar debt we are now experiencing; and before you answer we already know that a) it's George Bush's fault, or b) it's the Republican Congress' fault, or c) it's Wall Street's fault, or d) a catastrophic meteor hit the earth and that it is it's fault.
Ever hear of "depression economics"?

Both Bernanke and Paulson, who are Republicans, said that we must "bail" the banks out and spend money to keep us from continuing the "freefall", as Nobel Prize winning economist Joseph Stiglitz called what was happening. A great many economists have gone on record saying that if we hadn't done the above that we could have all too easily slipped in a depression worse than the Great Depression because we had and higher percentage of money tied up in credit than we did in the late 1920's. Even Bush said that we had to do this because of what he was informed of.

Yeah, deal with it.
We are and have been, and there's also a great many churches that are trying to help out. It's too bad that you seemingly care so little about these refugees that have been coming here, roughly 90% of them being women and children.

So, instead of being snarky, maybe consider being compassionate to those in need.

metis

Our allies had no respect for Obama
That's simply not true according to numerous polls taken. Maybe actually google information before posting such nonsense.

The dow did not come close to tripling under Obama and we were not losing 700,000 jobs a month.
Again, maybe do some homework before spouting nonsense, and you can even start here: Great Recession - Wikipedia

And here's an article showing the 700,000 jobs lost: Almost 700,000 jobs lost in December

And here's the DOW figures for 2009 that you can see for yourself, with a reminder that it is around 20,000 at this time: Where was the Dow Jones when Obama took office?

In fact when Obama took office the DOW slipped back to its lowest level of any inaugration since it was started.
You've got to be kidding?! Was Obama supposedly to wave a magic want to instantly reverse the process the immediate few months right after taking office? Do you understand anything about economics?

I hate to say this but I'm just wasting my time with you as you just can't help but post "alternative facts".