• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dark days for the Trump administration.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
A surprising number of posters in this thread are displaying a severe lack of a sense of humour.

I wonder if some people failed to read anything past the thread title.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Ever hear of "depression economics"?

Both Bernanke and Paulson, who are Republicans, said that we must "bail" the banks out and spend money to keep us from continuing the "freefall", as Nobel Prize winning economist Joseph Stiglitz called what was happening. A great many economists have gone on record saying that if we hadn't done the above that we could have all too easily slipped in a depression worse than the Great Depression because we had and higher percentage of money tied up in credit than we did in the late 1920's. Even Bush said that we had to do this because of what he was informed of.

We are and have been, and there's also a great many churches that are trying to help out. It's too bad that you seemingly care so little about these refugees that have been coming here, roughly 90% of them being women and children.

So, instead of being snarky, maybe consider being compassionate to those in need.

Here we go, another member of the 'Barry-could-do-no-wrong club'?

As far as the church/refugee question, are these the same churches that tend to turn a blind eye to the homeless Americans that are already here? And, no, I do not care about letting people into this country that may do me or my family harm without at least finding out who they are. Please reference the story about the half frozen snake. Again I say common sense should win over misplaced and self-aggrandizing altruism.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Here we go, another member of the 'Barry-could-do-no-wrong club'?
That's quite a lie as I have criticized Obama on quite a few different occasions, such as the roll-out of the ACA, his heavy use of drones, his getting overly involved in some issues, etc.

As far as the church/refugee question, are these the same churches that tend to turn a blind eye to the homeless Americans that are already here?
Strawman. Which churches are these, BSMI? Certainly not my wife's Catholic Church (maybe google "Catholic charities"). So, maybe list these churches.

And, no, I do not care about letting people into this country that may do me or my family harm without at least finding out who they are.
Then maybe leave the country as we have domestic home-grown terrorists here. Does "Oklahoma City", just for starters, strike your memory at all? And according to the conservative Cato Institute, the chances of being killed by a refugee over the span of one year is 1 in 3.64 BILLION. It must be hard for you to live in such constant fear.

Again I say common sense should win over misplaced and self-aggrandizing altruism.
Well, what is "common" often doesn't make much "sense", as you've shown with the above.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
It has been said, and I have said it, the Trump administration is in the dark when it comes to running a Presidential administration. I know there are Trump supporters here that don't agree, that think I am exaggerating, or speaking metaphorically. But the evidence has come out, these guys are literally in the dark.

Donald Trump's team in the dark because they can't find the light switch.

No you are quite right, if only Trump had more experience as a local 'community organizer' instead of frittering away all those years, building that massivley successful multinational organization. I'd have so much more confidence in his organizational skills:rolleyes:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Put him on ice. Cream.

16711823_1332173056821423_6911744329442162002_n.jpg

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
No you are quite right, if only Trump had more experience as a local 'community organizer' instead of frittering away all those years, building that massivley successful multinational organization.
I see, so taking a lower-paying job that involves helping people in need is so much worse than making millions or billions and largely keeping them. Got it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Partisans so love to see a simple picture in the extreme.
But we're looking at something more complex.
Some good on the horizon.....
- Regulation reduction
- Tax code rejiggering for simplicity & better incentives
- Gorsuch nomination (not my first choice, but a reasonable one)
- Pro-choice in education
Some bad....
- Clumsy handling of border security
- Poor relations with Muslim countries

Note....
The above is not a comprehensive lest.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Partisans so love to see a simple picture in the extreme.
But we're looking at something more complex.
Some good on the horizon.....
- Regulation reduction
- Tax code rejiggering for simplicity & better incentives
- Gorsuch nomination (not my first choice, but a reasonable one)
- Pro-choice in education
Some bad....
- Clumsy handling of border security
- Poor relations with Muslim countries

Note....
The above is not a comprehensive lest.
I thought if there was anyone on this board I could count on to have a sense of humour it was you. I am very disappointed.

Come on, they are sitting in the dark because the can't find a light switch. That is funny!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I thought if there was anyone on this board I could count on to have a sense of humour it was you. I am very disappointed.
Come on, they are sitting in the dark because the can't find a light switch. That is funny!
I admit it.....sometimes I am such a pill.

4consideration

Premium Member
The Obama's took it when they left, I betcha...
I don't know if Trump's team can, or cannot, find the light switch.

What I do feel certain of is, the Obama's didn't take the light bulb.

It is a GE light bulb, made in a factory outside of the US, using non-American workers, and using Obama stimulus money.

It's still in China where it's made.