• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin's Illusion

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
The point about rats is that they are of genrralistt design, so suitable as a base for adaptive radiation.
I agree.

I just expanded my response to address lurkers that I don't pay any direct attention to and that desperately need the increased understanding that comes with a fuller, less biased representation of the facts. However recalcitrant in denial they might be, I think any lifeline to help them out of their box is a noble, if none-the-less wasted, effort that is mine to waste.

Considering that small mammalian ancestors similar to modern rodents previously succeeded in forming the basis for the present adaptive radiation under similar conditions, I think that modern rat species could do so again given the conditions you put forth.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
The point about rats is that they are of genrralistt design, so suitable as a base for adaptive radiation.
A rat in a hat
chased me with a bat.
Oh what a thing is that
to see that bat
fly from that rat.
There I sat.
Pondering just that.
The steps that gradually begat
This cat.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Talk to other Christians. Some of them believe in hellfire, some do not. There is no ne single right and official "Christianity". Most Christians worldwide accept the theory of evolution. That does not mean necessarily that it is right, but it should show you that it is not an anti-Christian thought.
I don't believe that. There is one God and one Lord. I truly doubt if there were different ways of worship and recognition. The history of the nation of Israel tells us that God had a way in which HE wanted to be worshipped and when the nation did not, He took recognizance.

YoursTrue

I agree.

I just expanded my response to address lurkers that I don't pay any direct attention to and that desperately need the increased understanding that comes with a fuller, less biased representation of the facts. However recalcitrant in denial they might be, I think any lifeline to help them out of their box is a noble, if none-the-less wasted, effort that is mine to waste.

Considering that small mammalian ancestors similar to modern rodents previously succeeded in forming the basis for the present adaptive radiation under similar conditions, I think that modern rat species could do so again given the conditions you put forth.
All right, let me explain. I am reading a book written by a neurosurgeon. Very moving and excellent. He describes the fantastic structure of the brain. First let me say that mice brains and human brains are different. Do I think God made or created damaged brains? No. He allows it, there's a difference between allowing something good or bad or creating it. But He did enable the details and differences between brains. It says, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."

YoursTrue

But we do observe the changes. If you want me to show you the evidence you first need to show that you understand the concept.
I have said many times that I understand the concept. I don't agree with many things that are said, particularly in reference to dates of humans and the background history. Because -- there is no assurance that 'Lucy' preceded in evolutionary steps modern-day humans.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have said many times that I understand the concept. I don't agree with many things that are said, particularly in reference to dates of humans and the background history. Because -- there is no assurance that 'Lucy' preceded in evolutionary steps modern-day humans.
And I cam claim to understand automobile repair. But if everything that I say only confirms that I have no clue what is the proper conclusion?

Once again, show that you know. What is scientific evidence and why? Give examples. Is a bird singing evidence for gravity? It is an observation.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't believe that. There is one God and one Lord. I truly doubt if there were different ways of worship and recognition. The history of the nation of Israel tells us that God had a way in which HE wanted to be worshipped and when the nation did not, He took recognizance.
You do not have to believe me. Ask other Christians. You will find many different versions. Why reason do you have for thousands upon thousands if sects if there is only one Christian belief?

Also the history of Israel works out even better if there never was a God.

YoursTrue

And I cam claim to understand automobile repair. But if everything that I say only confirms that I have no clue what is the proper conclusion?

Once again, show that you know. What is scientific evidence and why? Give examples. Is a bird singing evidence for gravity? It is an observation.
There is no point in going over scientific evidence right now, since I believe and understand people put whatever they consider as evidence into the formula of evolution by natural selection as they consider what physical biological specimens may be discovered.

YoursTrue

You do not have to believe me. Ask other Christians. You will find many different versions. Why reason do you have for thousands upon thousands if sects if there is only one Christian belief?

I told you. So I will repeat--just as it was in the time of Israel when there were various forms of worship within and without the nation. Now try to understand that.

YoursTrue

ok, says you. But on the other hand, let's just say the temple in Jerusalem was ransacked and for some 'odd' reason, never rebuilt although many Jews are looking forward to restoration of the physical building. What you and I glean from these things are different conclusions or perceptions. And don't forget there were "other" gods beyond the nation that were not the God of Moses. And then the nation. So there were plenty of beliefs.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
ok, says you. But on the other hand, let's just say the temple in Jerusalem was ransacked and for some 'odd' reason, never rebuilt although many Jews are looking forward to restoration of the physical building. What you and I glean from these things are different conclusions or perceptions. And don't forget there were "other" gods beyond the nation that were not the God of Moses. And then the nation. So there were plenty of beliefs.
So what?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
By the way, any evidence that those fish evolved to something other than fish?
Technically they are still "fish", so no. Even you could be said to be a "fish". You just demonstrated that you do not understand evolution again.

Shared DNA is evidence, homology is evidence, embryology is evidence the fossil record is filled with evidence.

What sort of evidence do you want?

YoursTrue

Let me explain: there are many various beliefs called Christian. Certainly does not mean they are all true according to God.

YoursTrue

Only to the uneducated. Surely you have heard of Tiktaalik.
Yes, surely I have. And again -- there is no "proof" that is a go-between that evolved. No evidence based on recognition of cellular change "evolving" to something different.