• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin's Illusion

Firelight

Inactive member
It shows all life evolved from a single common ancestor.

It shows when our ancestors branch took a slight different direction than those who were to become chimp and bonobo

I didn’t ask “what it showed.” Simply stating what “it showed” is a general interpretation of what one thinks it shows. I’m asking for the DNA. What type? Whose? What strands were tested? What was compared? What exactly, (the details,)does each DNA test measure and how does it connect to evolution?

How, in what way, does it show all life came from one single ancestor?
(The evolution believer: “It just does, dammit.”)

DNA is a complex and underdeveloped part of science, as is all science, actually. It’s always changing. I doubt believers of evolution know enough about DNA to actually explain how it supports evolution. They simply believe that if a scientist said it supports it, then it must be absolutely true. No questions asked. (How dare anyone question it.)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I didn’t ask “what it showed.” Simply stating what “it showed” is a general interpretation of what one thinks it shows. I’m asking for the DNA. What type? Whose? What strands were tested? What was compared? What exactly, (the details,)does each DNA test measure and how does it connect to evolution?

DNA is a complex and underdeveloped part of science, as is all science, actually. It’s always changing. I doubt believers of evolution know enough about DNA to actually explain how it supports evolution. They simply believe that if a scientist said it supports it, then it must be absolutely true. No questions asked. (How dare anyone question it.)

Actually thats not whatcyou asked, bug given the answer to your question worries you you feel the need to move the goalposts

There are plenty of papers on the internet, feel free to do your own research.

Oh wait, you can't do that can you, learning, ph no, no.

Firelight

Inactive member
Actually thats not whatcyou asked, bug given the answer to your question worries you you feel the need to move the goalposts

There are plenty of papers on the internet, feel free to do your own research.

Oh wait, you can't do that can you, learning, ph no, no.

Hahahaha! “Move the goal posts.” “Do your own research.” More overused sentences by the evolution believers to avoid questions they can’t answer.

Since you were unable to answer my original question and do not accept my additional assistance to understand it, then it’s obvious you do not know the answer. I am not the least bit surprised by that inability. No one on this forum is able to provide any scientific answers on the subject.

I’ve researched the theory enough to know it’s weak, incorrect, and obviously not defendable.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I’ve researched the theory enough to know it’s weak, incorrect, and obviously not defendable.
It's actually a scientific axiom that is determined by numerous scientific disciplines, plus it stands to good old common sense: material objects change over time and life forms and their genes are material objects. This was known long before Darwin's time as it's observable.

Firelight

Inactive member
It's actually a scientific axiom that is determined by numerous scientific disciplines, plus it stands to good old common sense: material objects change over time and life forms and their genes are material objects. This was known long before Darwin's time as it's observable.

Are you explaining what a scientific axiom is, or are you saying the theory of evolution is a scientific axiom based on material objects changing over time?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hahahaha! “Move the goal posts.” “Do your own research.” More overused sentences by the evolution believers to avoid questions they can’t answer.

Since you were unable to answer my original question and do not accept my additional assistance to understand it, then it’s obvious you do not know the answer. I am not the least bit surprised by that inability. No one on this forum is able to provide any scientific answers on the subject.

i answered the original question and I can't be arsed with failed goal post movers who talk a load of bs

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
What DNA proves the theory of evolution?
Either evolution is true, or your God has an obsession for apes, to the point of creating the whole Universe for an ape and make His Son incarnate into one. Evidence? Easily provided by a simple mirror.

your call

The “or” is intended in the inclusive variant.

ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

DNA has been tested in numerous and at times totally independent ways. It has always supported evolution and there has never been any scientific evidence for creationism. Would you like to discuss some of the evidence?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Either evolution is true, or your God has an obsession for apes, to the point of creating the whole Universe for an ape and make His Son incarnate into one.

your call

The “or” is intended in the inclusive variant.

ciao

- viole
And placing evidence everywhere that tells us that life is the product of evolution and not providing any evidence for creationism. In other words it looks like creationists are calling their God a liar.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
And placing evidence everywhere that tells us that life is the product of evolution and not providing any evidence for creationism. In other words it looks like creationists are calling their God a liar.

What else have they got? It is quite obvious they are desperate, when even the vast majority of Christians laugh at them.

I really do not understand how anyone can be so intellectually masochistic, in holding a worldview that would turn the Flintstones into a viable nature documentary. Especially is we consider that most Christians do not believe that either, and that the debate has nothing to do with atheism vs. christianity.

maybe some sort of fatal attraction for martyrdom for Jesus, in the benign form of suffering being laughed at?

ciao

- viole

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Are you explaining what a scientific axiom is, or are you saying the theory of evolution is a scientific axiom based on material objects changing over time?
The basic concept of life forms evolving is an "axiom" within the biological sciences.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Yes!

And if you question it all you get is evasion, insults, and referrals to the "vast amount of data" that shows it must be true though nothing is proven in science. You get nonsense.

Truth and proof has nothing to do with science. As long as you can't separate those from evidence, we can't even begin to have a talk, because we are not talking about the same.

cladking

Truth and proof has nothing to do with science. As long as you can't separate those from evidence, we can't even begin to have a talk, because we are not talking about the same.

Believers in science say there's no such thing as "proof" but then in the next breath they'll tell you the ToE is "settled science", "established theory", or inarguably correct. What they don't say and don't comprehend is that it is ONLY "established theory" based on the our definitions and perspectives. What they don't understand is that if any force, process, or types of events affect change in species of which we are not aware then their theory comes crashing down in a pile of rubble and experiments that don't show what they believe they show.

This damn nonsense about "proof" has gone way too far. The word is being used by believers to make semantical arguments and obfuscate the evidence and every point that doesn't support the ToE. "Proof" has many many definitions and connotations. Get over it, already.

But nothing will change because there is no evidence to support the ToE preferentially to other explanations.

As far as the belief the fossil record somehow proves Evolution then why not consider the possibility that God (et al) couldn't have created reality without a history. How would YOU create an infinitely complex reality where all things are interrelated? Why do you believe a created earth would have no fossils?

It is the very nature of belief to see revealed "truth". We have Peers examining Evidence and voting on what is Real. Meanwhile reality is still "infinitely" complex. Where would life be without homo omnisciencis to solve everything?