• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin's Illusion

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not a fan of sci-fi but I watched the original V for Jane Badler. Found out a few years ago she married an Aussie and moved here. It should have been me!
Maybe it is and you are just too humble to brag about it to us poor, unattractive rabbits.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
It's been fun for a rainy Sunday morning. This combined with running commentary from my daughter of her attempt to assemble a flat pack has kept me entertained.
We should combine calendars. That would start my weekend a day early and let yours last a day longer.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not a fan of sci-fi but I watched the original V for Jane Badler. Found out a few years ago she married an Aussie and moved here. It should have been me!
Here's an attractive lizard lady.

p0260rk4.jpg

Before and after or is it after and before.

cc9d5c6f6b4b43b8db27aa6d42a2c753.jpg

Can you guess what my question would be?

AdamjEdgar

It was debunked by Louis Pasteur in 1859, the same year when Darwin published “the origin of species”. Meaning during the years that Darwin was working on his book till the time he finally published it, spontaneous generation was still accepted. @Neuropteron’s point is valid.
and yet the underlying issues that were highlighted by Louis Pasteur remain unchanged...so no, contrary to your statement, @Neuropterons point is very much invalidated...200 years ago!

Audie

Veteran Member
and yet the underlying issues that were highlighted by Louis Pasteur remain unchanged...so no, contrary to your statement, @Neuropterons point is very much invalidated...200 years ago!
Do you think it correct to say that Pasreur's experiments
did anything more than show that his experiments didnt work?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No. The issues that Louis Pastor dealt with were claims of modern life appearing suddenly. That was shown not to happen. That says noting at all about abiogenesis. If you think so then you do not understand either what Pasteur demonstrated or how abiogenesis likely occurred.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Only largely among most vertebrate animals (not all), and among some groupings of invertebrate animals (not all). But not all animals have brains.

The following animals have no brains, and they are all marine invertebrates:
  • Jellyfish
  • Oyster
  • Clam
  • Sea urchin
  • Sea anemone
  • Starfish
  • Sea squirt
  • Sea lilie
  • Coral
  • Sponge
These are the only ones that I can remember right now, creatures that have no brain. However, except for the last one in that list above - the sponges, the rest have some sorts of set of connective neurons, not nerve tissues, but what biologists called NERVE NET.

The sponges are the only ones that don’t even have nerve net.

It far too complicated for me to explain what a “nerve net”, so you would have to either ask someone else, or look it up, read & learn it yourself.

Plus, intelligence are largely learning processes, therefore not the trait that can be passed on genetically.

Plus you are ignoring the rest of the eukaryotic kingdoms, like plants, fungi and protists, and domains of prokaryotic microorganisms, such as the bacteria and archaea. None of these non-animals have brains too. So intelligence isn’t a trait for these organisms, therefore intelligence isn’t really imperative among prokaryotes and among the majority of eukaryotes.

why are you ignoring other these non-animal organisms?

lastly, I have mentioned central nervous system and nerve net before, so clearly you have ignored my earlier reply on the subject intelligence and consciousness.
So what does all that prove? O no, sorry, I mean what is that evidence of? Brains, no brains?