• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin's Illusion

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
sorry, fellow(s), but gorillas aren't morphing, unless of course you say they are. And that "Unknown Common ancestor" just hasn't been discovered yet, lol.

Gorillas don't 'morph'? Are you sure? Find a skeleton of a gorilla from 2 million years ago and compare it to a modern one. Then say that gorillas don't 'morph'.

No, they don't change significantly over the course of a couple of thousand years. Nobody (except creationists) claim that they should. That is *way* too short of a time period for major changes.

But I challenge you to find a skeleton of a gorilla from a couple of million years ago and say that there were no major changes in those primates.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well that shows that you do quote and explain mistakes when you see them. So your previous justifications for not quoting previous alleged mistakes and fallacies where just excuses, because you didn't really found any mistakes.
Of course I quote and explain perceived mistakes. That's the sine qua non of debate - rebuttal. When do you think I failed to quote an alleged mistake or fallacy? Are you referring to my refusal to find posts you say you never saw? Find them yourself.
I used the same dishonest tactic that you used with the intent and the hope that you can see how dishonest that looks. It is inapropiate to accuse others for making mistakes or fallacies without quoting the alleged mistake and explain why is it wrong. It is inapropiate when you do it and it is inapropiate when I do it.
That doesn't answer my question. I asked you what your purpose was on these threads, what you were hoping to accomplish. You seem to like this role you're playing here, but if so, I can't see what need it fills. In your position, I would have done the search and reported my findings to you. If you refused to address that, I would quit asking you for posts and just conclude in writing that you were lying as you have with me, but the difference is that you never looked. This is a very poor position to put yourself in, and a poorer choice to do so and then not let it die. Is thus what you're going for? I hope so. It's hard to believe you prefer any other outcome for this discussion but ended up here anyway. You could have been friendly. I have tried to be a friend to you, but you treat me with distrust and suspicion. Too bad.

Anyway, I'll answer for you as I think you would if you were forthcoming about your thoughts and feelings. I believe that unlike the people you "debate," you have no desire to learn, teach, or to cooperate with others. You're here just for the attention from critical thinkers, don't care what you accomplish, and have no other purpose. I'd ask you to modify that if you disagree, but you don't do cooperation. There would be no evidence that you even saw this except that now I might have embarrassed you into feeling you need to say something to make me wrong, but not necessarily.

@Subduction Zone wrote, "You need to be able to point them out and explain how they are mistakes and fallacies. I doubt if you can do that." Did you notice that I didn't ask you what you thought my mistakes and fallacies were, nor say I considered your post inappropriate? I called writing it a poor strategy without asking you why you thought my post was faulty. So what do you think you showed me there?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Gorillas don't 'morph'? Are you sure? Find a skeleton of a gorilla from 2 million years ago and compare it to a modern one. Then say that gorillas don't 'morph'.

No, they don't change significantly over the course of a couple of thousand years. Nobody (except creationists) claim that they should. That is *way* too short of a time period for major changes.

But I challenge you to find a skeleton of a gorilla from a couple of million years ago and say that there were no major changes in those primates.
Goodness me! They're morphing now? You think? Lol probably you do...ok...not really provable, hmm? Scientifically or really...your argument is ridiculous but I know you probably believe it.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Goodness me! They're morphing now? You think? Lol probably you do...ok...not really provable, hmm? Scientifically or really...your argument is ridiculous but I know you probably believe it.

Read what I wrote. The morphology (shape) of individuals in a population does change over time. I assume that means 'morphing' with your terminology. No ape that lived, say, 5 million years ago was the same species as modern gorillas. But modern gorillas are the descendants of those apes that lived 5 million years ago. So that means there was 'morphing' going on. In other words, there was a change in morphology.

So, which of my claims do you disagree with?

1. No animal alive 5 million years ago was the same species as modern gorillas.

2. All modern gorillas are descended from apes that lived 5 million years ago.

And does that not proved there was a change in species from what lived 5 million years ago to modern gorillas? In *your* terminology, they 'morphed'.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Like I said, they are a new species of fruit flies. And, for example, they are still insects, and still invertebrates, etc.
Read what I wrote. The morphology (shape) of individuals in a population does change over time. I assume that means 'morphing' with your terminology. No ape that lived, say, 5 million years ago was the same species as modern gorillas. But modern gorillas are the descendants of those apes that lived 5 million years ago. So that means there was 'morphing' going on. In other words, there was a change in morphology.

And does that not proved there was a change in species from what lived 5 million years ago to modern gorillas? In *your* terminology, they 'morphed'.
Like I am saying, humans with different breathing capacities within a group are still humans.

YoursTrue

There is nothing, absolutely nothing to show, prove, demonstrate, validate that gorillas and humans evolved from a "Common Ancestor."

YoursTrue

Like I said, they are a new species of fruit flies. And, for example, they are still insects, and still invertebrates, etc.
They are still fruit flies. Unfortunately for your theories, there is and has not been proof oh that awful word again to show otherwise. Still fruitflies after all these years...yes...still fruitflies after all these years...

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Did you see the new bug?

And I thought I found the perfect solution for sleep apnea this morning. A micro cpap. But a quick search revealed it as a swindle.
I just got a new CPAP. My original one bit the dust about two weeks ago. It's been rough, but I've made it through so far. I haven't got the new one set up yet, but I should have it up an running tomorrow.

New Bug! I'll check it out.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
They evolved. Just as your ancestors did. Just as your children are if you have any. There are on the order of one hundred mutations in the DNA that you and your partner (again, if you have one and if you have any children) passed on to your offspring. Almost all of those are neutral. But there is a good chance that one or two or even three cause some sort of functional change. Just as in a trip across the country small steps add up, so do the small changes passed on to each generation.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
They are still fruit flies. Unfortunately for your theories, there is and has not been proof oh that awful word again to show otherwise. Still fruitflies after all these years...yes...still fruitflies after all these years...
Why do you think that that is a problem? You are still an ape after all these years. Heck, you are still a monkey after all of these years.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is nothing, absolutely nothing to show, prove, demonstrate, validate that gorillas and humans evolved from a "Common Ancestor."
Oh my, breaking the Ninth Commandment again. Naughty, naughty. Scientists have found tons of evidence. Just because you do not understand something does not give you permission to make false claims about those that have done research in that area.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I just got a new CPAP. My original one bit the dust about two weeks ago. It's been rough, but I've made it through so far. I haven't got the new one set up yet, but I should have it up an running tomorrow.

I've never used a cpap because I doubt if I could get to sleep wearing one so I thought this micro cpap would be a good compromise until I googled it and saw doctors review it, couldn't even blow a piece of toilet paper.

YoursTrue

Here's something to ponder over...maybe your descendents will not need oxygen. No CPAP.

YoursTrue

Again, try to think. Let's go over realtime experience again. If a group of people develop long legs, they.are.still.human.