• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin's Illusion

cladking

Reality is not logical either.

I believe it is. This is deduced from experiment and knowledge. It explains why even bad science often works and how life can use complex processes for their own purposes. How does a butterfly know to use a campfire as an elevator to the tree tops? It must see or feel the rising air and then put two and two together. Why does a rabbit bother to run from a fox if it weren't logically mandated? Why does nature provide every consciousness a built in desire to thrive and reproduce? Why does it take 1000 lbs of apples to make a given amount of apple sauce rather than a set number of apples? Why does the moon periodically become full and orbit a point that is not the center of the earth (as well as every other object in existence).

Why does life reproduce and die? Why does it seem like the fit survive and this seems to explain the seemingly gradual change in species. Why do no two identical things exist in the universe?

Why can't messages be relayed without being changed?

Why does our science work?

Why does beaver science work?

Why does reality seem to be mathematical?

Of course reality is logical. The question is how it became that way and what it means to human understanding and modern experimental science.

Last edited:

Little Dragon

You should mention that to Egyptologists. They eschew science and all of its gadgets.

They eschew science for lunch.
Well history is not a science, after all. Archaeology on the other hand is at least scientific in it's methodology even if it's assumptions are sometimes tenuous and arguable.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
So you're scared. Makes sense. I was scared of the Bible too til I read it and realized it was a Myth like any other.
I don't believe that. So you go your way into what? -- and I'll go mine with God who generated the writing of the Bible. Take care.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
You should mention that to Egyptologists. They eschew science and all of its gadgets.

They eschew science for lunch.

I've already told you that's false. I've had many discussions with Egyptologists. You also called ancient Egyptian peoples a "lesser species" care to explain?

Anthropology, of which Egyptology is a subfield says no such thing. And while it is a soft science, it's still methodological and accurate.

cladking

Science IS trial and error so I'm not sure why your saying otherwise...

No.

Science is the methodical and systematic application of knowledge and experiment to hypotheses. It is logic applied to evidence and invention and interpretation of experiment.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I don't believe that. So you go your way into what? -- and I'll go mine with God who generated the writing of the Bible. Take care.

Of course you don't. You won't believe anything you're scared of or don't like. Take care in your fantasy. Love you friend.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Yes.

Science is trial and error by making assumptions (hypothesis), testing via experimentation and adjustments (trial and error), and then record the Results. It relies on prior knowledge and future assumptions. We've always had knowledge, our knowledge base has just grown, the more we have gotten along and learned to collaborate.

Little Dragon

Why does reality seem to be mathematical?
It isn't necessarily. Human models of reality however are logically reduced, with mathematics. Into theoretical frameworks that have predictive power, expressed in mathematical equations, such as with the theory of electomagentism, in which wavelengths and frequencies of light and their interactions with spacetime and matter are mathematically quantified.

cladking

Well history is not a science, after all. Archaeology on the other hand is at least scientific in it's methodology even if it's assumptions are sometimes tenuous and arguable.

I disagree. This may have been true 50 years ago but not so much any longer. Archaeology still has a scientific viewpoint in most individuals but it no longer has a scientific methodology especially in regards to Egyptology.

Little Dragon

I disagree. This may have been true 50 years ago but not so much any longer. Archaeology still has a scientific viewpoint in most individuals but it no longer has a scientific methodology especially in regards to Egyptology.
Possibly not. I do not know much about either field of study.

All I know is that pre Dynastic Eqypt was originally an eastern colony of the Atlantean Empire circa 10,000 BC. :p
That's what my a friend of mine thinks anyway. and I respect her opinion.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member

Who says?

Egyptology is archaeology, and Cultural Anthropology, as well as Linguistics....

Where do you think it has gone wrong?

cladking

I've already told you that's false. I've had many discussions with Egyptologists. You also called ancient Egyptian peoples a "lesser species" care to explain?

This isn't my belief. It is Egyptology that says ancient people were ignorant, superstitious, and employed savage/ brutal processes. It is they who describe them as sun addled bumpkins. Archaeologists are little better but only Egyptologists present these traits as assets and positive character traits. Only Egyptologists believe in noble savages made strong through ignorance and wise through superstition.

I believe there was a speciation event and homo sapiens are extinct. We are homo omnisciencis hear us brag.

cladking

Science is trial and error by making assumptions (hypothesis), testing via experimentation and adjustments (trial and error), and then record the Results. It relies on prior knowledge and future assumptions. We've always had knowledge, our knowledge base has just grown, the more we have gotten along and learned to collaborate.

Inventing light bulbs is trial and error. Cosmology and optics about experiment.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
This isn't my belief. It is Egyptology that says ancient people were ignorant, superstitious, and employed savage/ brutal processes. It is they who describe them as sun addled bumpkins. Archaeologists are little better but only Egyptologists present these traits as assets and positive character traits. Only Egyptologists believe in noble savages made strong through ignorance and wise through superstition.

I believe there was a speciation event and homo sapiens are extinct. We are homo omnisciencis hear us brag.

So baseless claims. Got it. And a random false fact about. A species that doesn't exist. You need some Anthropology classes friend.

I'll stick with the Archaeologists I work with that have done work in Egyptian studies (ie "Egyptologists"). Since none of us call Ancient Egyptians (or ancient anyone, including neanderthals, homo erectus, Denisovans or Florisiensis), lesser animals. It's just not what the science shows.

cladking

Possibly not. I do not know much about either field of study.

All I know is that pre Dynastic Eqypt was originally an eastern colony of the Atlantean Empire circa 10,000 BC. :p
That's what my a friend of mine thinks anyway. and I respect her opinion.

I don't know. This isn't probably the thread for it but your friend might not be wholly wrong so much as mostly wrong. The reality is we don't really know anything about history from before ~ 2000 BC.