• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin's Illusion

LIIA

there never was a prediction that we would observe gradualism everywhere in the fossil record.

Seriously? Is that because you say so?

Again, Darwin wrote " Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and gravest objection which can be urged against my theory.”

Try to think rationally. It is impossible for sediments to be continually deposited everywhere on the Earth for the Earth's entire history.

No one is asking for “everyware on earth" but simply, we are talking about global events on a tremendous scale. IOW, every single life ever existed allegedly came through millions of transitional forms, every single life, no exception. Such massive prediction must yield abundance of evidence as stated by Darwin himself (above). It should be the dominant rule in the fossil record not merely some alleged exceptions.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
True but it's also true for aquatic life such as the example of the Cambrian explosion.

There is.

The ToE predicts that every single life ever existed, came through a slow process of gradual changes through millions of transitional forms. Such prediction requires abundance of evidence in the fossil record, but again the fact is that “the fossil record does not support gradualism".

Never!!! it's another one of the endless, ignorant claims of yours.

Darwin wrote " Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and gravest objection which can be urged against my theory.”
LMAO!! It is amazing how you can turn being half right into being all the way wrong.

You keep conflating the fossil record, which is expected to be incomplete with what happened.

Do you want to have a discussion or do you just want people to laugh at you?

LIIA

The appendix may not be vestigial.

Yes, it's not.

But you admitted that all of the other are vestigial. I am not playing word games. You just do not understand the terms that you are abusing.

The vestigial claims as explained multiple times are claims out of ignorance, if you don’t know the function, it doesn’t mean there is no function such as the example of the appendix.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Seriously? Is that because you say so?

Again, Darwin wrote " Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and gravest objection which can be urged against my theory.”

No one is asking for “everyware on earth" but simply, we are talking about global events on a tremendous scale. IOW, every single life ever existed allegedly came through millions of transitional forms, every single life, no exception. Such massive prediction must yield abundance of evidence as stated by Darwin himself (above). It should be the dominant rule in the fossil record not merely some alleged exceptions.
Quote mining does not help you. Darwin often asked such questions. He also answered them.

Another failure of yours.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes, it's not.

The vestigial claims as explained multiple times are claims out of ignorance, if you don’t know the function, it doesn’t mean there is no function such as the example of the appendix.
Nope. You do not know what an argument from ignorance is either.

LIIA

Why do those accurate accusations bother you so much?

Accurate! We have another one in the accusations club! I guess this is all what you guys can do, accusations and empty claims.

But no, it doesn’t bother me. I'm only trying to explain a concept for those how will understand. Not you.

LIIA

Since when was the Cambrian explosion known as Darwin's dilemma

Since forever!!! But its not limited to the Cambrian explosion but in a general sense about the lack of evidence of gradualism in the geological history.

Darwin's dilemma: the realities of the Cambrian ‘explosion’ | Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences (royalsocietypublishing.org)

Darwin's Dilemma: Paleontology, the Fossil Record, and Evolutionary Theory | Rereading the Fossil Record: The Growth of Paleobiology as an Evolutionary Discipline | Chicago Scholarship Online | Oxford Academic (oup.com)

Again, from the very beginning, Darwin was aware of this issue. He wrote " Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and gravest objection which can be urged against my theory.”

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Accurate! We have another one in the accusations club! I guess this is all what you guys can do, accusations and empty claims.

But no, it doesn’t bother me. I'm only trying to explain a concept for those how will understand. Not you.
I made no accusations. I only observed that they were accurate.

And you don't understand any concepts here. That is why I am offering a discussion.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Since forever!!! But its not limited to the Cambrian explosion but in a general sense about the lack of evidence of gradualism in the geological history.

Darwin's dilemma: the realities of the Cambrian ‘explosion’ | Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences (royalsocietypublishing.org)

Darwin's Dilemma: Paleontology, the Fossil Record, and Evolutionary Theory | Rereading the Fossil Record: The Growth of Paleobiology as an Evolutionary Discipline | Chicago Scholarship Online | Oxford Academic (oup.com)

Again, from the very beginning, Darwin was aware of this issue. He wrote " Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and gravest objection which can be urged against my theory.”
Articles that you do not understand and refute your beliefs do not help you.

LIIA

Articles that you do not understand and refute your beliefs do not help you.

As usual, you fail to understand but I'm not surprised. the articles view of “Darwin's dilemma" is irrelevant, the point is what “Darwin's dilemma" as a term means or refers to in the scientific articles.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As usual, you fail to understand but I'm not surprised. the articles view of “Darwin's dilemma" is irrelevant, the point is what “Darwin's dilemma" as a term means or refers to in the scientific articles.
Darwin's Dilemma was garbage that was instantly refuted.

I know that you are afraid to have an honest discussion.

LIIA

No, you refuse to learn. It is why your posts are nothing but jokes now.

you're not serious, no one would take you seriously. at least, I'm not. No one would benefit from ignorant claims intended for wasting time. that's all what you're here for. wasting some time in some nonsense.

have a good
night.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
you're not serious, no one would take you seriously. at least, I'm not. No one would benefit from ignorant claims intended for wasting time. that's all what you're here for. wasting some time in some nonsense.

have a good
night.
Of course I am serious. But you are afraid. You know that it is your claims that are terribly ignorant.