• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Ben-Gurion quotes

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
And what 'purposes' might those be?

You obviously want to turn this thread into a personal attack on me, rather than stick to commenting on the OP. Your purpose could not be more clear, Jay, for that is exactly what you have done.

The fact remains that I dropped that bit of antisemitic garbage in a search engine and the Camera article was number one in the list of search results. The whole process took no more that 15 seconds, time that you apparently found better served in other pursuits. While it cannot be proved, I suspect that were I to offer something like ...
"The moral inferiority of Black Americans is a direct consequence of their racial inferiority." [Einstein]​
... you would have exerted far more effort to expose the 'quote' as a lie and denounce its propagation. Perhaps I'm wrong; I hope not.

The fact remains that you did nothing of the sort in this case. You made a choice and, apparently, do not appreciate having it noted.

Your whole pathetic personal attack boils down to my having failed to live up to your expectations of how much effort I should put into exposing a lie. That point is so anal as to speak for itself.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Your [observation] boils down to my having failed to live up to your expectations of how much effort I should put into exposing a lie.
That is only partially accurate. It also "boils down to" an assumption that
your expectations of how much effort [you] should put into exposing a lie
is a function of subject matter. As noted earlier, that assumption could very well be inaccurate.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
That is only partially accurate. It also "boils down to" an assumption that
your expectations of how much effort [you] should put into exposing a lie
is a function of subject matter. As noted earlier, that assumption could very well be inaccurate.

I'm dropping this discussion, Jay. It's off topic and serves no other purpose than to amuse me at the expense of the thread and other readers.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Jay..To simply disregard the quotes because they don't fit your ideas on what happened in Palestine and the expulsion of the Arabs is quite ignorant on your behalf.
Hold on man, you started a thread entitled David Ben-Gurion quotes. The quote is being questioned because some quick and easy research suggests it is a fabrication. I understand that it is often not hard to be duped into repeating such things, but it would do everyone a favour if people paid more regard to perpetuating the truth.

UnityNow101

I am sorry if I misquoted him and forgive me if any such thing occured. But surely you cannot disregard all of the quotes as being fabricated by anti-Israel people. Whether you are for or against Israel, you must admit that they did infact take that land from the Palestinians that were living there at the time. That is not misinformation but fact...Once again, sorry if I quoted Mr. Gurion without really doing all of the research that I should have. It was a mistake on my behalf.

gnomon

So this thread is admittedly nothing more than a bash Israel thread with no regards to providing any historical relevance. What good does throwing quotes around do as far as educating anyone over the issues centered around the middle east. Especially considering the dubious intent of starting the thread in the first place.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
So this thread is admittedly nothing more than a bash Israel thread with no regards to providing any historical relevance. What good does throwing quotes around do as far as educating anyone over the issues centered around the middle east. Especially considering the dubious intent of starting the thread in the first place.
A very fine summary.