• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Denver Legalizes Marijuana

The downward slope has already began. Less money for the poor and more for the rich. The gap keeps growing and nothings going to stop the downfall of the world economy. So lets speed it up.

joeboonda

Most of my fellow fundamental bible-believing Christian friends would probably disagree with me, but I think marijuana should be legal. I used to enjoy it, it helped me relax. It is much better than alcohol, and a small bong hit and a couple drinks in the evening was great. All in moderation and at home responsibly by an adult, of course. But I do not smoke at the moment, I am 40 so, kinda more relaxed now anyways, but accept for being something harmful to the lungs, as I believe the body is the temple of the Holy Ghost, and should be taken care of, it seems fairly harmless to me if not abused like anything else. Some say it is a gateway into the spirit world, but I have not experienced that, not like LSD or mushrooms, now those, well, I felt I was in contact with another dimension a bit with those, and although enjoyable and somewhat enlightening, and something people can only do once in a while anyway, thus not addictive, I think they may be of the 'forbidden' or pharacea worded sorceries in revelation, and should be avoided. My children are getting older, and I do not want them to go to jail for something like pot. I do not want them to lose a job or be sued because pot was in their system even though they were not using it at work, etc. Maybe I am wrong, but I do not think so, alcohol and cigarettes are so much more addictive and deadly, and noboby has died from pot to my knowledge. This is getting long, so, Peace!

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
I do find it funny that alot of christians advocate the prohibition of cannabis.

"Making marijuana against the law is like saying god made a mistake" -Bill Hicks

I don't think i could say anything better than that on the subject.

SoyLeche

meh...
Pardus said:
I do find it funny that alot of christians advocate the prohibition of cannabis.

"Making marijuana against the law is like saying god made a mistake" -Bill Hicks

I don't think i could say anything better than that on the subject.
Because obviously God wanted us to set all of his creations on fire and inhale the the result.

gtrsgrls

jamaesi said:
So you must be in favour of banning everything that people can get addicted to, right, gtrsgrls?

People can get addicted to anything (drugs, food, sex, internet, tv, exercise, need I go on?) and let it ruin their lives. Just because some people can´t handle life doesn´t mean the rest of us should be banned from it.
Yes,but not all of that stuff ruins people's lives does it?

MdmSzdWhtGuy

gtrsgrls said:
Yes,but not all of that stuff ruins people's lives does it?
Show me someone who's life has been ruined by marijuana, other than its prohibition bringing them into contact with the legal system and you may have a point.

P.S. you are going to have a hard time finding it. Tobacco and alcohol kill people every day in this country, and they are both addictive, and legal. Cannabis never killed anyone, unless they were hanged by a hemp rope. Cannabis by itself doesn't hurt anyone.

B.

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
SoyLeche said:
Because obviously God wanted us to set all of his creations on fire and inhale the the result.
Yeah it's like it only has an effect when you smoke it, not like all those stories of cookies, maybe other herbs shouldn't be eaten because they are immoral to use.

Was there some reference in the bible about everything on the earth being there for man to use? Nah that's just silly.

And those magic mushrooms, they're the spawn of evil.