• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Derealization

janesix

I am wondering if any schizophrenics (or others) have problems with derealization.

I have been experiencing this symptom for a few months and I am having trouble coping with it.

Any suggestions on how to cope? Or even make it go away?

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I am wondering if any schizophrenics (or others) have problems with derealization.

I have been experiencing this symptom for a few months and I am having trouble coping with it.

Any suggestions on how to cope? Or even make it go away?
Are you on any medications?

janesix

I suggest talking to your doctor or psychiatrist about either modifying the dosage or changing/adding a medication, this should not be happening.
Yes we've been discussing clozapine, which is for treatment resistant scizophrenia

Groeneappel

Yes we've been discussing clozapine, which is for treatment resistant scizophrenia
Hello janesix,

Have you tried the clozapine? I also suffer from derealization and no medication works. So I am curious to know whether the clozapine worked for you. Could you let me know whether it worked for you? And have you tried any other antipsychotic before trying clozapine? Did any of those work a bit for you?

Hope you will respond! Thank you in advance.