• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DeSantis Threatens Legal Action Against TV Stations Which Carry Pro-Abortion Ads

Wandering Monk

How does he possibly think he can win? This is clearly a First Amendment issue. I think he KNOWS that Florida is in play because of Republicans stripping women's rights away.

Pogo

How does he possibly think he can win? This is clearly a First Amendment issue. I think he KNOWS that Florida is in play because of Republicans stripping women's rights away.

Winning isn't important, as with Trump it is scaring people and avoiding judgement. If he can scare a few people, then they are misinformed and so what if they slap his ?? after the election. It is the Republican strategy in everything lately. Nothing about principles only fear.

Clizby Wampuscat

They sued because the advertisements were promoting falsehoods about the law putting women in danger. I thought the left was good with that, remember twitter crackdown about Covid info. But keep talking about how you protect women’s rights, just not women’s rights in the womb.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
They sued because the advertisements were promoting falsehoods about the law putting women in danger. I thought the left was good with that, remember twitter crackdown about Covid info. But keep talking about how you protect women’s rights, just not women’s rights in the womb.
A rather interesting precedent Desantis is looking to push.

That ads have to be fact checked before airing.

You know what, I think I actually would encourage it.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Florida officials are saying they could invoke a "sanitary nuisance" law to initiate criminal proceedings against the TV stations airing the ad.
Where is the pathogen in TV airwaves?
snippet:
The state said it could invoke a “sanitary nuisance” law and initiate criminal proceedings against the station.​