• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Destiny is Evolution?

mixond

As a Catholic I sometimes come across articles that challenge the very essence of my religion. Fortunately, these articles have holes large enough to drive a truck through them. So when I came across the, "Destiny is Evolution" article I have to admit I was stumped.

Admittedly, I am not very well versed in scientific methods so I was hoping someone here could help set things straight. Is this tempt destiny experiment a valid experiment?

MSizer

MSizer
I'm curious about the article (i suspect I'll disagree with it) but I don't see a link to it. Do you have one? I tried googling the title to no avail.

mixond

Sorry for not being able to provide a link. I am a newbie and prohibited to do so. However, google the keywords, "tempt destiny proof" and you'll find it. I heard about it at a football game this weekend.

MSizer

MSizer
There's not much point in my contribution here, I felt turned off by the article from the start. I don't believe in "destiny" as I don't believe we have the capacity to calculate all of what will occur in the future. That being said, I do believe it is predetermined, though not by any intelligent agency. (IOW, not by god, but by natural laws of the universe).

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"And so it went, year after year fans made their choice known and year after year the destiny of choice did not take place. Finally after eight years of conducting this online experiment the "trigger" finally happen on January 20, 2008 when the Giants fans won and later that day so too did their team. The billboard was finally created and once again, destiny followed with another victory! [/FONT]"

Not exactly conclusive proof of destiny.

mixond

There's not much point in my contribution here, I felt turned off by the article from the start. I don't believe in "destiny" as I don't believe we have the capacity to calculate all of what will occur in the future. That being said, I do believe it is predetermined, though not by any intelligent agency. (IOW, not by god, but by natural laws of the universe).

At first glance I thought so too. But then I spent the time to shoot down the points raised and found I could not?! Everything mentioned checked out! :sad:

mixond

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"And so it went, year after year fans made their choice known and year after year the destiny of choice did not take place. Finally after eight years of conducting this online experiment the "trigger" finally happen on January 20, 2008 when the Giants fans won and later that day so too did their team. The billboard was finally created and once again, destiny followed with another victory! [/FONT]"

Not exactly conclusive proof of destiny.

That's the point. Morales was being honest about the results when he pointed out fact #5.

mixond

Did anyone get to to read the "Experiment" section? I finally had time to review it and the videos. Looks like science and religion do share at least one thing in common after all.