• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Destiny of the Soul

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Acts 24:15 mentions there will be (future) a resurrection of both just and unjust (righteous and unrighteous). What a person does after they are resurrected will determine their destiny by their choice whether to obey or not. Satan and Adam chose to disobey on purpose. The rest of us do not have the perfection to always obey. Once Jesus raises mankind to perfection then mankind will have the same perfection as originally existed in the paradise Garden of Eden and can choose to always obey. Thus have the destiny of everlasting life or eternal life as originally offered to Adam and angelic creation.
Some to life forever in the heavens, and others to live forever on earth once the wicked are removed from the earth.
Psalm 37:11,29,38; 92:7; Proverbs 2:21,22; 10:30; Rev 5:9,10.

imaginaryme

I am the devil. Is this a flea market? :devil:

It's not something you can sell, would be my guess. I think that when people "sell their souls," they just get caught up in a mindset where chance occurrence and random event all seem to represent signposts on the road to damnation. Solution is easy - get off the road. :D

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Prove there is a soul or existence separate from the body.

Can't. After receiving the breath of life (Gen 2:7) Adam became a living soul.

No where does it say Adam 'came to have a soul' or Adam 'came to possess a soul' but rather Adam was a soul. From dust to dust. At death Adam returned to dust and then became a dead soul.

imaginaryme

Prove there is a soul or existence separate from the body.
Is that a challenge? There are around a hundred "likenesses of Gwyneth" loose in the world, all of which possess something of "the soul of ellenjanuary," and all of which radiate love. After I'm dead, they might be worth something. :cool:

Oh, be careful what you wish for.

freeman4

I believe the Scriptures tell us that God gives us a choice. He said I put before you, or that is I give you a choice between Life-Eternal Life or Death-Eternal death. It is our choice to make, no one else.

In Christs love, freeman4:

imaginaryme

I believe the Scriptures tell us that God gives us a choice. He said I put before you, or that is I give you a choice between Life-Eternal Life or Death-Eternal death. It is our choice to make, no one else.

In Christs love, freeman4:
Only once is this choice mentioned in Scripture - the choice between life and death. Don't get caught rewriting Scripture. :p