• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God create the universe, or did the universe create God?

FR33MASON

This universe could also be nothing more than a droplet of phlegm hurling through the air from some poor person with a nasty cold. I'm curious as to weather or not they would be aware of their awesome powers to create cool universes like this one.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Only if the stars of the universe can communicate with each other the way the neurons in our brains do. Then, yes. Because to believe in a 'god' is saying you believe in an intelligence (a brain, as it were), that made us

That is your definition of delusion.

What it matters to you is not, a literal and weak proposition is to announce God as a singular and defined entity, where their qualities are composed of what man and nature itself inhabits.

Only the chosen few, are able to actually live "awareness", whereas many others live in the conformity of hypocritic free will.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I don't believe in a dead universe.

So the physical begats the spiritual?

If so...you are the sum of your chemistry and your spirit dies when your last breath fails.

If God created the universe...the one word...then you have hope.

No life after death?

Expecting nothing of yourself?

Orias

Left Hand Path
Spirit and matter one, death is the separation of the two.

Spirit is irrelevant to awareness, as everything within and about the universe is recycled. Perchance, even the perceived objects in existence have their own way of self preservation. Even the dust that constitutes being examples it's own growth with Life.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Seems to me that those who do not cling to some after life tend to expect more from this life.

Yeah...I suppose so.
With nothing to look forward to...this is it.

Grab all you can....give nothing back.

But I, for one, will be looking forward to more than this life has to offer.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Yeah...I suppose so.
With nothing to convince them otherwise, yes, this is it.

Not everyone has your hang up of having to be told to be a good person under threat of punishment and hope for reward.

I sincerely hope that not only are you right that there is an after life, but also that you are going to get the after life you think you will get.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yeah...I suppose so.

Is that really how you view life?

Grabbing all that you can, in this life or the next?

budhabee

This universe could also be nothing more than a droplet of phlegm hurling through the air from some poor person with a nasty cold. I'm curious as to weather or not they would be aware of their awesome powers to create cool universes like this one.

lol this is a fun subject. u guys are fun. im thinking that its probably the little things that happen around us that decides for each of us to form an opinion.

A cow almost killed me once. I had crawled through the barbwire with a bailing twine rope and I threw it to show off in front of my little brothers and sisters that I could rope a cow. Well....it worked...I roped the cow. But I forgot I was inside the barbwire correll. Boy did she get mad. She charged and had me up against that fence so fast before I knew it I couldn't breath. She wouldn't let up. I was starting to pass out when she shifted her stance and I just fell down flat on the ground. She tried to strike me with her hooves but I rolled back under the fence out of danger. Then I had to get the dammed rope off her cause she was a milk cow and if my daddy had found out there would be hell to pay. I pleaded to her to come over to me and I would get the rope off. She looked at me with the utmost contempt. Finally she lumbered over and I loosened the rope and took it off her. I looked into her eyes and I saw "Don't you ever do that to me again or next time I'll kill you" kind of a look.

oh hell....where was I going with this? Oh yeah. I was praying big gigantic prayers while she had me against the wire right before I almost passed out. Like "Quick God do something fast."

and he did.....(lol)

Twig pentagram

High Priest
What I mean by universe is all that exist. Therefore when I say the universe is god I'm talking about all that exist.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Is that really how you view life?

Grabbing all that you can, in this life or the next?

Okay...it's a subtle thing I wrote....

Ever hear....
It is easier for a camel to enter the eye of a needle.
than for a rich man to enter into heaven...

Start a thread for this and I will follow you.