• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did invading iraq make us safer?

Did invading iraq make us safer from bin laden?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • No

Votes: 47 92.2%

• Total voters

Yerda

Veteran Member
Seyorni said:
As a British citizen your government also has a finger in the Iraqi pie

Ha, yes I'd noticed, the question in the first post specifically said America though.

Re: safety

"If you want to stop terrorism, stop participating in it." - Noam Chomsky

Pretty much sums it up for me.

In the Islamic and Arab world the following is very obvious:
- Bush didn’t invade Iraq for anything but to protect Israelis who were very frightened of Saddam allegedly having WMDs that could easily reach Tel Aviv ( the Jewish lobby in the USA pressed him and the pentagon to do it )
-Bush invaded Iraq for its oil
- Bush invaded Iraq to make a stronger base for the USA in the region in order to use it to invade Syria , Iran , Saudi Arabia and any other Islamic country that dares to wake up and speak up or dares have a real Islamic government .
-Bush Invaded Iraq just like the old Crusaders cause he knows how strong Islam can be if it rises again.
Ask any Arab Muslim he will tell you the same

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I disagree with your first assertion, TamerAhmad. The Mossad knew Iraq had no WMD. In fact, at that time none of Iraq's neighboring states viewed it as a threat. Only the US chose to ignore the clear findings of the weapons inspectors.

Which makes the US invasion all the more suspect.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I was for the bombing of Afganistan after the World Trade Tower attacks, but when Bush decided to give up on the hunt for Bin Laden and finish what his dad started, I was upset that our president could let someone who commited a great crime toward America go unpunished.
I don't understand how taking out Sadam was supposed to make America safer. The original reason American troops was in the Middle East was to avenge 9-11, and to destroy terrorism. But the problem with that, is there will always be terrorist. And I know that there is Al-quada, or however its spelled, strongholds in America. So we really arent any safer.

seagull

DontFearMe said:
Did the invasion of the nation of Iraq make America safer from Osama Bin Laden? I dont think so. let me know what u think.
No, but it did help two top terrorists come together under the same banner.

Ori

Angel slayer
The worst thing is that the British could have sent in the SAS and avoided most of the bloodshed.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
BAGHDAD -- Civil war. It's a phrase everyone in Iraq has strenuously avoided for the past two years.
Yet with no government formed three months after elections, and tensions deepening between Iraq's Muslim sects and other groups, it's now on the minds of many people.
Several clashes between Sunnis and Shiites in events apparently unrelated to the two-year-old anti-U.S. insurgency have highlighted the danger in recent months.

WASHINGTON - Terrorists staged nearly 200 significant attacks in Iraq in 2004, exceeding the record number of strikes worldwide the year before, according to data the Bush administration gave to Congress but has been withholding from the public.

Sakri, a longtime political activist and one of 90 women elected to the National Assembly in January, was the first member of Iraq's three-month-old transitional government to be assassinated. To insurgents who single out Iraqis associated with the country's American-backed leadership, the determined, middle-aged Shiite Muslim in a head scarf was a prime target, a soft target.

Iraqi army and police units are deserting their posts after the recent escalation in insurgent attacks, according to reports from around the country yesterday.

AMNESTY International blasted the United States today for failing to launch an independent probe into Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison scandal, a year after images of abused detainees first shocked the world.
The London-based human rights organisation also condemned signs of fresh torture and sexual abuse in the country by the Iraqi prison authorities.

The Pentagon says the pace of insurgent attacks in Iraq in recent weeks is approaching last year's levels.
Officials say there have been about 400 attacks a week of all kinds after a post-election lull: bombings, shootings, rocket and mortar attacks. About half cause significant damage or injure or kill someone.

I'm gonna say no.