• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you ever experience a miracle?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
There are many times in my life where I should have been dead. Here's 2 you decide if they are miracles

We were 18 drinking and driving in the mountains in the winter 4 guys. We hit a patch of Ice on a turn and proceeded to go off the cliff. The car pinned itself against the sole tree in 20 feet either way. We all had to get out on the drivers side.

I was going to work in rush hour traffic on a major highway 60 m/hr. A deer leap in front of my car I avoid the deer but was struggling to get control of the car. I proceeded to go off road. A big mistake grass is like ice at 60 m/hr. The car was going in head first at a Steel girder highway sign post. All I could do was watch. The car spun at the last second and the girder rip down the drivers side of the car blowing out the windows and stopping the car. The cop said I was lucky if I hit the girder head on or missed it completely I would probably be in intensive care or dead. All I ended up with was broken glass in my hair.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
There are many times in my life where I should have been dead. Here's 2 you decide if they are miracles

We were 18 drinking and driving in the mountains in the winter 4 guys. We hit a patch of Ice on a turn and proceeded to go off the cliff. The car pinned itself against the sole tree in 20 feet either way. We all had to get out on the drivers side.

I was going to work in rush hour traffic on a major highway 60 m/hr. A deer leap in front of my car I avoid the deer but was struggling to get control of the car. I proceeded to go off road. A big mistake grass is like ice at 60 m/hr. The car was going in head first at a Steel girder highway sign post. All I could do was watch. The car spun at the last second and the girder rip down the drivers side of the car blowing out the windows and stopping the car. The cop said I was lucky if I hit the girder head on or missed it completely I would probably be in intensive care or dead. All I ended up with was broken glass in my hair.

Sounds like a couple of close calls. Some people catch a lucky break when it matters, others don't.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Sounds like a couple of close calls. Some people catch a lucky break when it matters, others don't.
Reminds me of when I was in my early 20's, early on a Saturday morning in shorts and T-shirt, went down my back stairs from my top floor apartment. Note: This was really a fire escape and not an access way, as it was very steep. The incline was about 45 degrees and the stair space was not "code" and very narrow, miscued my first step and tumble down the stairs. There was only a single cross beam and a railing. On the way by it, somehow I managed to snag my left leg at the knee around the post and for a few heart stopping moments hung out in space 20 feet above the concrete sidewalk. Having ice-water in my veins, I was able to pull myself to safety while hoping the post did not give way as it was merely a nailed in place 2" x 4" post. Not a miracle, by any stretch, but I don't think I'd be able to pull that feat off nowadays as I was a svelte 120 pounds back then.

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq
I had the threading rip off my car tire on an interstate, but the tire didn't pop at all. Still not quite sure how that happens.

Etritonakin

miracle
[ ˈmirikəl ]
NOUN
a surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a divine agency:

Yes -but not always welcome and only currently not explicable due to our limited understanding of natural or scientific laws.