• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dirty Cops & Pedophile Priests...Both Move To New Hunting Grounds

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Nothing new to me. Pigs get shipped around and become someone else's problem. This is why we need federal oversight of the police so the piggly-wigglies get cut from the force instead of moved from place to place.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I can't defend priests but there are so many other hidden offenders that somehow don't get mentioned, adults who abused Boy or girl scouts, football,baseball,and softball coaches,physical education,doctors etc. There was a discussion in 'eros' mostly about priests and the blame was laid on the church's celibacy rule, suggesting the church was evil....To get back to Revolting's OP it is the complicity of church members or clergy that break society's and the church's moral code and help hide an offender that compounds an offense that can cripple a young human being's self identity......... Police pressure the rookie cop into believing "it's us against the world". If they don't protect their brother officers then there is no reason for your brother to protect you. @Revoltingest, I'm on your side,I am, but what would you do if you were a police officer? I was not a policeman but through a volunteer position I once held I befriended dozens of cops. In all honesty in my experience I met ONE officer who would not go along to get along.They pushed him up stairs.....He became the mayor's body guard in a big city.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
There's a lot of good reporting.
But getting voters & pols to take the problem seriously is the hurdle.
Politicians don't mess with entities more powerful than them, i.e. the police union.
Voters don't care about people outside their monkey sphere.
Voters do care about money, i.e. taxes. The reporting should focus more on the settlements counties are convicted to take for the misconduct of officers. (That's how qualified immunity works. The cop walks scot free but the community has to pay the victims.) Promise police reform with comprehensive vetting to avoid lawsuits and explain how that will lower taxes. Then the voters will care.

Brian2

Veteran Member
The system is designed to protect the worst of the bunch.
Commit a crime in one place? Just move to another.

Since all this child abuse stuff has come out the denomination I am in is very strict in their rules to make sure it does not happen. I imagine it is the same in other denominations also.
I think there may be some places where there is denial and a desire to deal with that sort of thing in house.
I ended up doing an online course on the subject and appropriate actions and reactions and really I did find myself thinking how hard it would be to turn a friend over to the appropriate authorities if I suspected or saw anything untoward.
I suspect there are churches that still want to deal with it all in house, but this does lead to cover ups I would say.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I Police pressure the rookie cop into believing "it's us against the world". If they don't protect their brother officers then there is no reason for your brother to protect you. @Revoltingest, I'm on your side,I am, but what would you do if you were a police officer?
I'm not a joiner of things involving uniforms, ranks, obeying
orders, & committing violent acts. But I find this former cop,
Abiyah Israel, to be exemplary because he believes in the rule
of law & serving people...not bullying them.
In short...he was a good cop, but that went against the grain
of his department. So now he teaches & advocates for the
constitutional liberties of civilians.
https://www.wethepeopleuniversity.com/

His story...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Politicians don't mess with entities more powerful than them, i.e. the police union.
Voters don't care about people outside their monkey sphere.
Voters do care about money, i.e. taxes. The reporting should focus more on the settlements counties are convicted to take for the misconduct of officers. (That's how qualified immunity works. The cop walks scot free but the community has to pay the victims.) Promise police reform with comprehensive vetting to avoid lawsuits and explain how that will lower taxes. Then the voters will care.
So far, I've heard nary a peep of public complaint
about the settlements paid because of corrupt &
incompetent cops & prosecutors.
I'm hoping with a series of threads to make some
fellow posters more concerned....perhaps angry.
Real reform will be long & difficult.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Since all this child abuse stuff has come out the denomination I am in is very strict in their rules to make sure it does not happen. I imagine it is the same in other denominations also.
I think there may be some places where there is denial and a desire to deal with that sort of thing in house.
I ended up doing an online course on the subject and appropriate actions and reactions and really I did find myself thinking how hard it would be to turn a friend over to the appropriate authorities if I suspected or saw anything untoward.
I suspect there are churches that still want to deal with it all in house, but this does lead to cover ups I would say.
I wanted the pedophile priest analogy to address how
the perps are just shuffled from one place to another.
This is what happens to bad cops.
Perhaps the comparison isn't apt....there are far more
bad cops than pedo priests, so the damage might be
far greater.

Heyo

Veteran Member
So far, I've heard nary a peep of public complaint
about the settlements paid because of corrupt &
incompetent cops & prosecutors.
Because it has only been a side topic in the reporting. Human tragedy generates clicks, but money concern generates action. And it is easy action. Just ask if the vetting process for new cops requires to check up with their former employers (and the Brady list of that county). The cost for that additional step is easily upset by the lowered risk of settlement payments.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Because it has only been a side topic in the reporting. Human tragedy generates clicks, but money concern generates action. And it is easy action. Just ask if the vetting process for new cops requires to check up with their former employers (and the Brady list of that county). The cost for that additional step is easily upset by the lowered risk of settlement payments.
Back in the day, when I had employees (contractors only
now), I hired a private investigator (ex-state cop with access
to special databases) to vet new employees. Police depts
should do at least that.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Cops fired for unacceptable behavior & crimes?
They just go to work where that behavior is acceptable.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Murderous cops can quit when there's trouble,
& just move to new hunting grounds. And isn't
it funny how body cams get turned off at just
the right time?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Murderous cops can quit when there's trouble,
& just move to new hunting grounds. And isn't
it funny how body cams get turned off at just
the right time?
4:28 "The law requires mandatory discipline up to termination for an officer who fails to turn on their body camera."
Too late for that case but a step in the right direction.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
4:28 "The law requires mandatory discipline up to termination for an officer who fails to turn on their body camera."
Too late for that case but a step in the right direction.
The "up to" part allows for much mischief.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Another cop with a history of violence &
illegal acts moves from agency to agency.
Monitoring bad cops is a hit or miss process.
Departments will fail to report, delay reports,
& even lie on them to sanitize records.