• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disbelievers in Christianity Answer Please!

If you are faced with the miracle described below

• I will certainly believe without any condition

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • I will believe only if, He says Muhammad was a false Prophet, otherwise No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will believe, if He says, Muhammad is a true prophet, otherwise No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, i will not believe, because.......(please explain)

Votes: 28 75.7%

• Total voters

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
My grandmas. Just imagine how juicy they must smell after 25 years in the earth. And how bored they must be.
Your grandmas would not be in their physical body after they died, they would be in spirit form.
But they would be bored if they were still hanging around earth, since there is not much a person can do on earth without a physical body.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
You really believe Aliens exist? Even if they exist, they can resurrect the dead?
Well, remember, Jesus said He came down from heaven, so, He could have been an alien, yes?
I don't say for certain, but I thought I either saw an Alien or a very genetically bred Arab girl. She was purple like in the Hindu books. If I had to guess I would guess an Alien.

An Alien who could travel that far could certainly resurrect the dead.

So yes Jesus could be an Alien.

And I at least consider Mohammed to be an Apostle and I like a lot of the morals that Muslims have. I have read the Koran a couple of times in English. Still reading it but I couldn't handle learning Arabic.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I don't say for certain, but I thought I either saw an Alien or a very genetically bred Arab girl. She was purple like in the Hindu books.
I don't know what you saw. Possibilities include her having some sort of skin disorder, or the colors of the picture not being true to life. But there is no reason to assume you saw an alien.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I don't know what you saw. Possibilities include her having some sort of skin disorder, or the colors of the picture not being true to life. But there is no reason to assume you saw an alien.
I know what I think I saw. And my roommate in my apartment complex said she saw someone similar.

I don't say for sure. I don't want bad things to happen to me if I didn't.

Isabella Lecour

amor aeternus est
Suppose, He comes down from Sky, and declairs He is Christ!

To prove it, He will take you, to some of your loved ones grave, and resurrects them. Those are grandparents or some close relatives and friends, and you know they had passed away and were in that graves.

Now, please answer the Poll, based on this event. Assume it happend
So, somebody says he's Christ, (that's the first whoops right there. I already met Christ and he was a cool dude. Got slammed in the psych ward and everything. He wasn't flip the tables Christ. He was flower child, peace and love Christ) and then proceeds to kidnap me, whisk me away to desolate graveyard and pull a zombie resurrection? Man, that must be tripping.

Assuming he can pull off reconstituting flesh and blood, I got to ask, Who just went into that body, Mr. Voo-Doo man?
Too bad for him, there is only one person he could attempt such with and I already know where that soul went. But hey, that tech...can it do organs only?

Other than that, I'm a little person, no body of any major importance. I would be forced to question the selection criteria used if I was picked. This is no different than having to figure out the magic trick. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic, so proceed with caution.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't say for certain, but I thought I either saw an Alien or a very genetically bred Arab girl. She was purple like in the Hindu books. If I had to guess I would guess an Alien.
I've encountered people head-to-toe red, purple, yellow, &al, walking or bicycling around perfectly normally. They were just regular people.
I, myself, once .spent a couple of days a uniform green.
An Alien who could travel that far could certainly resurrect the dead.
Non sequitur.

joelr

To prove it, He will take you, to some of your loved ones grave, and resurrects them. Those are grandparents or some close relatives and friends, and you know they had passed away and were in that graves.

No, those are myths and have proven themselves as such over and over. It's no different than if it were Zeus or Osirus. A.I. tech 1 million years advanced, or from future Earth and discovered time travel, would be far far more likely. Assuming we are getting multiple witnesses and demonstrations of impossible events. At some point, if they demonstrated all sorts of impossible things (take people to the afterlife like in the OT, unlimited medical and scientific/technological knowledge) it isn't going to matter who they are. I'll follow along. If we can now merge with technology, teleport anywhere in the universe, know all science and philosophy.

A basic resurrection of family is more likely an alien who can manipulate spacetime and find the religious angle funny. Again, imagine if it were the Egyptian god RA. The likely explanation is not RA but aliens or future A.I who know time manipulation and advanced physics way beyond ours. Just because it was Jesus doesn't make it more likely after studying the comparative mythology it all came from.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
:heavycheck:No, i will not believe, because.......(please explain)

Such a being would require nothing on it's part to convince any of its constituents of its validity.

The events you depicted in your hypothesis would seem to imply that the being is trying to provide certainty, which would do the obverse and give light to a shadow of doubt.

Reactions: ppp

ppp

Under the hypothetical that
  1. some guy comes down from the sky and declares that he is Christ
  2. appears to resurrect one or more people whom I loved
How do I know that he isn't one of the many gods or heroes of ancient folk lore? Or a technologically advanced con artist? Or that I have not had a mental break?

PearlSeeker

No, I would first want to check if I'm on a superhuman Candid Camera.

Bthoth

So, somebody says he's Christ, (that's the first whoops right there. I already met Christ and he was a cool dude. Got slammed in the psych ward and everything. He wasn't flip the tables Christ. He was flower child, peace and love Christ) and then proceeds to kidnap me, whisk me away to desolate graveyard and pull a zombie resurrection? Man, that must be tripping.
Sad to read but at least you are still able to chat on it.
Assuming he can pull off reconstituting flesh and blood, I got to ask, Who just went into that body, Mr. Voo-Doo man?
I like that. Who is in that body?

Too bad for him, there is only one person he could attempt such with and I already know where that soul went. But hey, that tech...can it do organs only?
The life conveys, if supporting 'life to continue'.
Other than that, I'm a little person, no body of any major importance.
all are equally capable and just as important.
I would be forced to question the selection criteria used if I was picked.
That humility puts you out front.
This is no different than having to figure out the magic trick.
Another rational approach, i love it.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic, so proceed with caution.
Too cool for words.

What if the perspective was the only change?

Isabella Lecour

amor aeternus est
What if the perspective was the only change?

Perspective is an interesting thing. Five different people see the same event and often interpret that event very different, sometimes wildly different. I know doubting Thomas gets a bad rap in Christian circles but he was on to something. Rational proof is necessary for the establishment of facts. The facts are not going to change with a perspective change. No matter how emotions are manipulated or swayed, the facts be they known or unknown are not going to change. My perspective at the given moment will influence how I approach this but will not change the underlying facts...unless we really are all in a simulation and a few of us has figured out the cheat codes.

Bthoth

Perspective is an interesting thing. Five different people see the same event and often interpret that event very different, sometimes wildly different.
Exactly. So benchmarks should be established for equal measure
I know doubting Thomas gets a bad rap in Christian circles but he was on to something.
I get that. Same with the baptist (john) and much of nag hammadi library. If you really want fun try https://digitalcommons.butler.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2067&context=facsch_papers ...mandaeism
or even the emerald tablets.
Rational proof is necessary for the establishment of facts. The facts are not going to change with a perspective change.
Facts. Benchmarks of true.
No matter how emotions are manipulated or swayed, the facts be they known or unknown are not going to change.
sure they can. For example: light is the perfect cross of nature.

Classification of Polarization

All wavelengths, all frequencies.

Most are invisible but still light.
My perspective at the given moment will influence how I approach this but will not change the underlying facts.
Facts come with knowledge grounded to natural foundations. Light is the perfect cross of nature.
..unless we really are all in a simulation and a few of us has figured out the cheat codes.

I do not maintain that perspective, i see mankind as part of this existence, defining itself!

with words, math and 'cheat codes' of abstract ideas