• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disney!

rojse

RF Addict
Am I the only one that is not so easily amused with Disney and their movies?

The only thing going for "High School Musical" (which has been mentioned quite a few times) was that no one has ever dared release a musical movie since 1970, so a new generation was able to be duped of their money.

Probably the only movie that I like by Disney is "Pirates of the Carribean," and that is only because it disregsards every single thing that plagues every other Disney movie like lice - there are no cliched characters, no predictability, no teenage angst, and it removed all of those family friendly values that really annoy me.

blackout

Violet.
Am I the only one that is not so easily amused with Disney and their movies?

You must've missed my posts then. :D

I agree with your analysis as well.
Pirates was so excellent because it was absolutely NOTHING like Disney.:D
And because Jonny Depp was in it. :D

Last edited:

Mr.Anderson

We go to Disney World every year. We're members of the Disney Vacation Club so we get to stay in hotels that we normally couldn't afford. We just have to bring money for tickets and food, plus we get a discount on some stuff.

If you ever get a chance, take the behind the scenes tour at Magic Kingdom. We got to go to the front of several rides, and we got to go down in the tunnel under the park. They take you for a tour of areas behind the rides and buildings. We also saw several characters with their heads off, which is why you have to be at least 16 to do the tour. There were a lot of neat things we learned about Disney World and Walt Disney. It's pretty much an all day thing, and you get lunch too. :D

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I love Disneyland. I wish I'd get off my duff and make a trip there more often, especially considering it's a hop-skip-and-a-jump from my house.

As far as movies go, my favorite as a toddler was Robin Hood and when I was about 10 or 11, Aladdin.

Sententia

I went to disney this year and I had a blast. The staff were very polite. I was at epcott, hollywood studios, animal kingdom and of course and mostly at magic kingdom.

sarahjane127

Scientific Mind
I've always felt kind of depressed when i went there. Its such a materialistic place and they let you know that by the high-priced stuff they sell.

Watchmen

Premium Member
That's one way to look at it.

However, just being in Disneyland brings such joy to my children's faces that the experience transcends materialism.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
I've never been to Disney World or Disney Land, and really have no desire to go there. I hate tourists, even when I am one, lol. But all the classics from when I was kid...that was the early-mid 90's...were the best. Aladdin. Little Mermaid. Pocahontas. Herculeas. I hate everything Disney has created within the past eight or nine years.

J Bryson

I dislike nearly all things Disney. Unfortunately, since I take care of a six year old girl, I also know far more than I care to about the various Princesses they're marketing to the tot set nowadays.

Trey of Diamonds

But all the classics from when I was kid...that was the early-mid 90's...were the best. Aladdin. Little Mermaid. Pocahontas. Herculeas. I hate everything Disney has created within the past eight or nine years.

I'm the opposite, I like some of the new stuff coming out now; Bolt, Race to Witch Mountain, Phineas and Ferb, etc. But the 90s were full of drek. Herculeas is a great character with an interesting story, so why create a new one. Pocahontas was revisionist history, hell the girl was only supposed to be 12. Aladdin, once again, why rewrite a perfectly good story. Little Mermaid, not as bad but who would want to be a human when you could be a mer-person?

Trey of Diamonds

Has anyone read this book?

x4380.jpg

Amazon.com: Team Rodent : How Disney Devours the World: Carl Hiaasen: Books

I love Haissen so I'm thinking it should be good.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
I dislike nearly all things Disney. Unfortunately, since I take care of a six year old girl, I also know far more than I care to about the various Princesses they're marketing to the tot set nowadays.
Then how do you explain the Sleeping Beauty costume you had made in your size Mr. Bryson? Hmmmm...?
;)
My son turned 2 last month and we'd always stayed away from Disney stuff not due to any particular objections, but just that there's more entertaining toddler stuff out there. But some genetic switch was thrown and he now senses the Disney channel like some strange tingling Disney-sense. I guess it doesn't help that we're 40 minutes away from Anaheim too...

And my wife loves Disneyland so we end up there like six times a year. I guess it could be worse- at least we don't live in Florida. <shudder>...

Mr.Advocate

Disney is a repulsive cult, selling a sickening morality to a consumerist culture.

The only thing I have ever enjoyed, Disney wise, was when the old hag offered Snow White a poisoned apple. Apart from that, Disney makes me want to smash children's heads open.

Stupid Disney...

Rakhel

I practically grew up at Disneyland. We lived in Southern Cali and went there every chance we got. Only been to Disney World twice. Once when I was about 5 and again when I was 30. It hadn't changed that much in the 25 yrs in between.