• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Divine intervention

robtex

Veteran Member
Can someone site an example of divine intervention that happened on a national level or larger one besides the speculated creation of the universe? Be interesting to see what is qualifed in debate for "divine intervention."Knockout

The Black Whirlwind

there was that one time in Rome where constantine saw a meteor or something shaped like a cross, and decided to convert the masses to christianity. though that could be a hoax.

Francine

Can someone site an example of divine intervention that happened on a national level or larger one besides the speculated creation of the universe? Be interesting to see what is qualifed in debate for "divine intervention."Knockout

The whole world was lost in sin until God became flesh and died on a cross. This was the most important divine intervention ever.

Cordoba

No, with all due respect, God did not die on the cross

But He did save Prophet Moses, peace be upo him, and his followers from Pharaoh and his soldiers

He intervened and made the sea a safe passage for the believers, the when water returned to normal Pharaoh and his soldies drowned

... a miracle happened when Moses struck the water with his staff: The waves of the Red Sea parted and the Israelites hurried along the passage between the parted waves. Pharaoh and his soldiers followed; but by the time the Israelites reached the other shore, the sea closed in engulfing their pursuers. Thus the Israelites were delivered from bondage, and the Pharaoh and his people perished.

Out of Egypt: The Story of Passover in the Qur'an

A Clear example of divine intevention

kai

ragamuffin
no all devine interventions have been in backwaters and seen or heard by very few, or are directly sourced from holy books

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
The whole world was lost in sin until God became flesh and died on a cross. This was the most important divine intervention ever.

No I'm sorry, the Whole World was not in Sin. The Jewish tribes back then were maybe that way there God did what he did for them.
I can't think of one that I would see has a Divine Intervention, but I'm sure there might be one.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Divine intervention... what is it?

Do we limit the responses to only physical interventions, or can we include spiritual ones as well. After all, sometimes God calms the storm but more often he only calms his child.

Cordoba

how about modern examples, say in the news, that can be documented?

There are no more miracles, as in the above case of Prophet Moses, peace be upon him, as miracles are only given to God's Prophets, and there are no prophets among us today

kai

ragamuffin
There are no more miracles, as in the above case of Prophet Moses, peace be upon him, as miracles are only given to God's Prophets, and there are no prophets among us today
did Mohamed perform any miracles ,like Jesus reportedly did?

robtex

Veteran Member
Divine intervention... what is it?

Do we limit the responses to only physical interventions, or can we include spiritual ones as well. After all, sometimes God calms the storm but more often he only calms his child.

The miracles like the parting of the red sea and the resurrection of Christ were physical events. I guess you can put spirtual metaphysical claims but nobody here would be able to qualify it.

robtex

Veteran Member
did Mohamed perform any miracles ,like Jesus reportedly did?

He stopped the some of the infighting between the various groups in the area during his lifetime. I believe Muslims see that as a miracle. Also the revelations of Koran, if my understanding of Islam is correct, is considered a miracle. The flying horse was considered a miracle. I was more hoping for examples in recent times that made the news that we could all look at together.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Here's one I thought of from Japanese history, about the Kamikaze:

Kamikaze (神風) is a Japanese word, usually translated as divine wind, believed to be a gift from the gods. The term is first known to have been used as the name of a pair or series of typhoons that are said to have saved Japan from two Mongol fleets under Kublai Khan that attacked Japan in 1274 and again in 1281.

In popular Japanese myths at the time, the god Raijin was the god who turned the storms against the Mongols. Other variations say that the god Fujin or Ryūjin caused the destructive kamikaze.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
No, with all due respect, God did not die on the cross

But He did save Prophet Moses, peace be upo him, and his followers from Pharaoh and his soldiers

He intervened and made the sea a safe passage for the believers, the when water returned to normal Pharaoh and his soldies drowned

... a miracle happened when Moses struck the water with his staff: The waves of the Red Sea parted and the Israelites hurried along the passage between the parted waves. Pharaoh and his soldiers followed; but by the time the Israelites reached the other shore, the sea closed in engulfing their pursuers. Thus the Israelites were delivered from bondage, and the Pharaoh and his people perished.

Out of Egypt: The Story of Passover in the Qur'an

A Clear example of divine intevention

Excellent post! Frubals my friend.

robtex

Veteran Member
Being as this thread was viewed 151 times and there are zero modern divine interventions that were reported on the news we could look at is it reasonable for me to accept that modern divine intervention does not exist?

lunamoth

Will to love
I think that God intervenes through our hearts and minds. God gives us strength and courage to do things we might not otherwise, gives us patience and love and compassion, moves us to reach out to others and help.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

ironangel

Everyday God has an intervention, the sun rises because of God. The rain falls because of God, you wake up this morning because God intervened. You breathe, you walk, you talk, you eat, you live, you die because of God.

I think that is more than enough. :)

kai

ragamuffin
Being as this thread was viewed 151 times and there are zero modern divine interventions that were reported on the news we could look at is it reasonable for me to accept that modern divine intervention does not exist?

indeed and is there any non religious evidence that devine intervention ever happened at all!