• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dixie Chicks movie

PureX

Veteran Member
gnomon said:
And since when have the grammy's meant anything other than industry devotion? Or the Oscars or any other ridiculous award ceremony. Jethro Tull won a grammy for best heavy metal band in the 90's.:rolleyes: I really need their input on stem cell research.
Actually, in the categories where no one is making big money, they actually do give the awards to artists who do great work. But they don't show those on the TV award show. I use the grammy list each year, both the nominees and the winners, to find really great music that I otherwise wouldn't have heard of. But I go to their web site for the complete list, and then go way down the list to categories like "contemporary folk music" and "world music". It's in these unheard of categories that the nominees and winners are really deserving.