• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DNGAF about Atheist Problem of Evil?

MonkeyFire

Do you care about the atheist argument against God known as the problem of evil? Essentially it asserts that their can’t be an all knowing, all benevolent, and all loving God you if He allows suffering and evil to exist? Imo as a theist I don’t have to care if I can move onto endless bliss and salvation. I am perfectly satisfied enough, I would be a gluten when it comes time to help people with the maximally, and I just need to be happy.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Do you care about the atheist argument against God known as the problem of evil? Essentially it asserts that their can’t be an all knowing, all benevolent, and all loving God you if He allows suffering and evil to exist? Imo as a theist I don’t have to care if I can move onto endless bliss and salvation. I am perfectly satisfied enough and now it comes time to help people displaced by the maximally.

IMO there are two pro
The suffering of the innocent is the most powerful argument against the existence of God. Incredible acts of love are the greatest argument in favor of the existence of God.

MonkeyFire

The suffering of the innocent is the most powerful argument against the existence of God. Incredible acts of love are the greatest argument in favor of the existence of God.

My problem with the argument of suffering against God is that ending God and Heaven would create a great deal of darkness, it’s just making a bad problem worse.

Mike10

"Christendom" is in current recorded usage for the concept to strive for. I've seen it in 70's and 80's movie. How outdated, "Christendom". Whens it end? how is there a Christian? The Reformation is to end a Christian schism the Great Schism of one Church of Christians. Our Benefactoring benevolence who is everywhere, hallowed by your name, your technocracy come, your will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven, give us this day our daily snickers, and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from Satan, for yours is the glory forever Amen. A Cult of wordplay is established in hiding symbological cult words like "Father" to mean benevolence. Fish people? A birth of woman makes a Mother of the God before time? And who is the genetic donor of this holy spirit and Jesus unconfused? Not Joseph, not the Holy Spirit, who is two natures unconfused, God and Man in Jesus. Christendom was symbolically in a time of Kingdoms to mean symbolically a challenge to the unjust Caesars? And if the Government=morality now , that will ikely be the case of any national governments.

MonkeyFire

God can be man, and man can be fallen. Belief has power both in Heaven and on earth creating this thing in human nature that exist as a natural messiah avatar for the human race called dJehovah, that can logically create ultimate power, call in divine angels, and show mankind the true nature of reality.

MonkeyFire

People who don't care about viable arguments that challenge their beliefs are intellectually careless at best.

Is this thread about the so-called Abrahamic religions or about your state of mind?

No my argument is that I DO not give a **** about suffering, it is my rite to go on with God. There may or may not be a God, but you and other science bullies can not rule out God. It would be much wiser and accept grace, and original sin, as you don’t suffer for no reason, and move on to eternal love, and salvation & pleasure here after.

MonkeyFire

Science bully? :eek:

I like how non-believers think they have this solution to God, but it is more like they have themselves in the dark free falling. You can’t just expect me to not be religious because you have a problem with suffering. It is still worth it accept Heavens gifts. If you really hate suffering you wouldn’t go exstinct, or just suffer forever, right? I think atheist are wrong, and inhumane. Religion is a rite in this country, and they are going for my nature.

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
You can’t just expect me to not be religious because you have a problem with suffering.
First, you might wish to tone down the paranoid musings. In fact, I have zero expectations of you.
Second, I tend to think that the Problem of Evil is a particularly bad argument against theism.
If you really hate suffering you wouldn’t go exstinct, or just suffer forever, right?
I have no clue what that sentence is suppose to mean.
I think atheist are wrong, and inhumane.
Not to mention being 'science bullied.'
Religion is a rite in this country, and they are going for my nature.
(That's funny in a somewhat pathetic sort of way.)

============================================

By the way, are you sure that I'm an atheist inhumane science bully, or is this just some thoughtless ad hominem run amok?

TurkeyOnRye

Do you care about the atheist argument against God known as the problem of evil? Essentially it asserts that their can’t be an all knowing, all benevolent, and all loving God you if He allows suffering and evil to exist?
I used to think the Dillahunty and Dawkins type arguments against the existence of God were valid, and I suppose they are, as long as God means little more to you than the cartoonish papier mache God of mainstream religion. I take a more nuanced God-as-consciousness approach to the problem of suffering and evil. The crucifixion shows us how extraordinary the faith requirement must be to reconcile this issue. It must be absolute because the existential problem of living consciousness is so big that God himself must surrender all personal will in order for a larger and more complete vision of his own existence to emerge.

MonkeyFire

First, you might wish to tone down the paranoid musings. In fact, I have zero expectations of you.
Second, I tend to think that the Problem of Evil is a particularly bad argument against theism.

I have no clue what that sentence is suppose to mean.

Not to mention being 'science bullied.'

(That's funny in a somewhat pathetic sort of way.)

============================================

By the way, are you sure that I'm an atheist inhumane science bully, or is this just some thoughtless ad hominem run amok?

I wasn’t rude to you

RestlessSoul

To ask 'Why does God allow the innocent to suffer?' is to ask the wrong question, imo. After all is said and done, not all questions have answers.

A better question might be, 'What can I do to alleviate the suffering of others?' To ask that and to act on it, is I believe, to do the will of God.

MonkeyFire

To ask 'Why does God allow the innocent to suffer?' is to ask the wrong question, imo. After all is said and done, not all questions have answers.

A better question might be, 'What can I do to alleviate the suffering of others?' To ask that and to act on it, is I believe, to do the will of God.

God allows us to suffer to see what it is like to be tempted before eternal war turns in us.

RestlessSoul

God allows us to suffer to see what it is like to be tempted before eternal war turns in us.

It seems to be God's will that in this world, we should have tribulation, certainly. Why that is, I don't know. I am aware that some religious people think this life is a test, while others consider it an illusion.

MonkeyFire

It seems to be God's will that in this world, we should have tribulation, certainly. Why that is, I don't know. I am aware that some religious people think this life is a test, while others consider it an illusion.

If you had never felt suffering before how would resist the devils temptation? You would not Know what suffering is. I think we are living in a dream simulation where I must complete this thought and upload it to the scientist on the outside who are waiting to intervene on mankind in Eden.