• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do All Religions Teach Their Way Is The Only Right Way?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Non-religious people don't like my definition, because, it includes them. They don't like this. ;)
Your remark was in serious error, because you wrongly assumed that the adverb "religiously" means that there is a religion involved. That is not the case. Languages don't always make sense. There are many occasions where two words share the same root word, but refer to entirely different things. For example, terrific and terrible have the same root word.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Do All Religions Teach Their Way Is The Only Right Way?

My Religion tells that G-d had Direct Converse, one to one converse, with the Messengers/Prophets of all peoples and they guided them to Him; so we understand that Founders of all Religions were truthful persons, it is in fact a basic articles of our faith:

Articles of Faith

Right?

Regards

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Scripture is to me the truth not what leaders of religion teach or interpret.
I find Jesus also agrees and he did believe Scripture is: religious truth - John 17:17
I agree that Jesus, as Leader of his religion, did teach and interpret the old Hebrew Scriptures for us by his publicly reading Scripture out loud and often prefacing his statements with the words, " It is written......" thus quoting the OT explaining and expounding Scripture for us,
so, when Jesus, as Leader of his religion, pronounced those many 'woes' against the corrupted religious leaders he also gave us his reasons why for pronouncing those many 'woes' as we can read in the 23rd chapter of Matthew

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That's the way I see it. Religion, to me, is personally loosely defined as something of supreme importance to the individual. Religiously is repetition. So, in that you often get worldview, ideology, groupthink, tradition, culture, even politics, fashion and entertainment. Organized religion is often corrupted by power and greed because it's such a useful tool in that regard.
In the above sometimes 'prayers in religion are repetition' which Jesus said Not to do - Matthew 6:7
Jesus' model Our Father prayer was an example and Not to be repeated word for word - Luke 11:2-4
False clergy try to use their power to try to control the flock of God
They seat themselves in the 'temple' (houses of worship) as if they are God when in reality they are anti-God - 2nd Thess. 2:2-8