• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do any non-Christians go to heaven?

Lucian

Theologian
As far as I know there are three main beliefs in Christianity regarding the fate of unbelievers:
1. Eternal torture in hell
2. Destruction in the lake of fire
3. Universalism (everyone will be saved eventually, also known as apokatastasis), in which people are saved straightaway or they suffer for some time

And the Jehovah's Witnesses not only believe that they are the only ones going to heaven, but that only 144,000 of them are going to make it! Sounds like pretty crappy odds to me.

That's true, in a sense, but does not give the whole picture. If I remember right, they believe that the ones in heaven will be witnesses of Jehovah (that doesn't mean they have to belong to the organization or have to have even heard of it), and the other faithful shall live on a new, paradisical earth.

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
As far as I know there are three main beliefs in Christianity regarding the fate of unbelievers:
1. Eternal torture in hell
2. Destruction in the lake of fire
3. Universalism (everyone will be saved eventually, also known as apokatastasis), in which people are saved straightaway or they suffer for some time

That's true, in a sense, but does not give the whole picture. If I remember right, they believe that the ones in heaven will be witnesses of Jehovah (that doesn't mean they have to belong to the organization or have to have even heard of it), and the other faithful shall live on a new, paradisical earth.

Not mine. We don't believe just becuase you're not Christian means you're going to hell.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I know, and after I posted this, I thought to myself that making this kind of statement really isn't like me. I hate it when people try to characterize my beliefs by one out-of-context statement, which is exactly what I was guilty of.

Lucian

Theologian
I know, and after I posted this, I thought to myself that making this kind of statement really isn't like me. I hate it when people try to characterize my beliefs by one out-of-context statement, which is exactly what I was guilty of.

:bow:

Jack89

Jesus=salvation!no1 else
define good???three simple questions, have you ever told a lie?yes...what does that make you a liar. Have you ever looked at a women with lust?jesus says that you have commited adultery in your hear. Ever stolen anything?yes? that makes you a thief. Dont look so good now and now consider to be good you have to follow 10 laws all your life?no doubt you can do good things but to make uo for all the wrong you do is a tall order, and the only way to ever be forgiven for this is jesus. and so therefore only a christian(that is someone who accepts jesus into their heart,nothing to do with good or bad) will go to heaven

McBell

Admiral Obvious
define good???three simple questions, have you ever told a lie?yes...what does that make you a liar. Have you ever looked at a women with lust?jesus says that you have commited adultery in your hear. Ever stolen anything?yes? that makes you a thief. Dont look so good now and now consider to be good you have to follow 10 laws all your life?no doubt you can do good things but to make uo for all the wrong you do is a tall order, and the only way to ever be forgiven for this is jesus. and so therefore only a christian(that is someone who accepts jesus into their heart,nothing to do with good or bad) will go to heaven
Kirk?
Kirk Cameron?
Is that you?

Yes I watched Left Behind.

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
LDS believe that most people will go to Heaven. In Heaven there are three degrees Telestial, Terrestrial, and Celestial.

The 'Bad' people will go to the Telestial. The 'Good' people will go to the Terrestrial. The Good people who accept Christ, obey the commandments, and do the proper ordinances will go to the Celestial. Even the Telestial (lowest) degree is by far better than life on Earth right now. This paragraph is extremely simplified.

There is also a place called outer darkness that only a handful of people will go to. But they are only people who have a perfect witness of Jesus Christ and rebel against that witness.

So can people who don't accept Christ get into Heaven? Yes.
Can people who don't accept Christ get into the highest degree of Heaven? No.