• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Arabs look down upon Indians/Pakistanis?

Chisti

Salam,

I've heard many, many times that Arabs look down upon people from the subcontinent because they usually do menial jobs. How true is it? I know people are different, that we shouldn't generalize etc. etc., but still wondering how frequently this sort of thing occurs, how common such behavior is.

Chisti

Bismillah

Submit
Depends but the worst of the lot are those who are oil barons, but in general they look down upon many "non-Arabs" in parts of the Gulf like Kuwait. I have a friend whose grandfather was born there, his father, he and his entire family, no citizenship...

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Pfft Arabs look down upon other Arabs. Egyptian look down on Sudanese, Lebanese look down upon Saudis what is new

Arabs look down upon people with darker skin than they do.

This stems directly from Islamic teachings which teach that Arabs are the "Master Race":

Arabs are the most noble people in lineage, the most prominent, and the best in deeds. We were the first to respond to the call of the Prophet. We are Allah’s helpers and the viziers of His Messenger. We fight people until they believe in Allah. He who believes in Allah and His Messenger has protected his life and possessions from us. As for one who disbelieves, we will fight him forever in Allah’s Cause. Killing him is a small matter to us.

"A man married a maid-slave who bore him a child. Would that child be free or would he be an owned slave?" "Her child whom she bore from him would be the property of her master according to all the Imams (heads of the four Islamic schools of law) because the child follows the (status) of his mother in freedom or slavery. If the child is not of the race of Arabs, then he is definitely an owned slave according to the scholars, but the scholars disputed (his status) among themselves if he was from the Arabs - whether he must be enslaved or not because when A'isha (Muhammad's wife) had a maid-slave who was an Arab, Muhammad said to A'isha, `Set this maid free because she is from the children of Ishmael.'"

In the Hadith, Muhammad called Blacks "raisin heads":

"...[Thou shalt kill an] Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin [should he disobey]" Sahih Bukhari 9:89:256

"the most hated among the creation of Allah is the black man" Sahih Muslim 5:2334

I heard the Apostle say: ‘Whoever wants to see Satan should look at...a black man!' Ishaq 243

Also in the Hadith is the command to enslave people of African descent. This is the correlation to the Christian idea of the so-called Hamtic Curse and no surprise, the African slave trade was completely run by a handful of rich Muslims and their Christian counterparts.

It is your folly to fight the Apostle, for Allah’s army is bound to disgrace you. We brought them to the pit. Hell was their meeting place. We collected them there, black slaves, men of no descent.
Ishaq 450

ninerbuff

godless wonder
I think most people of lighter skin look down on people with darker skin. And that's in every ethnic group.

I think most people of lighter skin look down on people with darker skin. And that's in every ethnic group.

Oh no, I'm not singling out Arabs for their actions, and I know racism exists everywhere. For example the English used to think of the Irish as being non-white and looked down on them. The Chinese looked down on people with dark skin as inferior barbarians. I am saying however that the reason behind Arab racism is religious rather than social.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Arabs look down upon people with darker skin than they do.

This stems directly from Islamic teachings which teach that Arabs are the "Master Race":

Arabs are the most noble people in lineage, the most prominent, and the best in deeds. We were the first to respond to the call of the Prophet. We are Allah’s helpers and the viziers of His Messenger. We fight people until they believe in Allah. He who believes in Allah and His Messenger has protected his life and possessions from us. As for one who disbelieves, we will fight him forever in Allah’s Cause. Killing him is a small matter to us.

"A man married a maid-slave who bore him a child. Would that child be free or would he be an owned slave?" "Her child whom she bore from him would be the property of her master according to all the Imams (heads of the four Islamic schools of law) because the child follows the (status) of his mother in freedom or slavery. If the child is not of the race of Arabs, then he is definitely an owned slave according to the scholars, but the scholars disputed (his status) among themselves if he was from the Arabs - whether he must be enslaved or not because when A'isha (Muhammad's wife) had a maid-slave who was an Arab, Muhammad said to A'isha, `Set this maid free because she is from the children of Ishmael.'"

In the Hadith, Muhammad called Blacks "raisin heads":

"...[Thou shalt kill an] Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin [should he disobey]" Sahih Bukhari 9:89:256

"the most hated among the creation of Allah is the black man" Sahih Muslim 5:2334

I heard the Apostle say: ‘Whoever wants to see Satan should look at...a black man!' Ishaq 243

Also in the Hadith is the command to enslave people of African descent. This is the correlation to the Christian idea of the so-called Hamtic Curse and no surprise, the African slave trade was completely run by a handful of rich Muslims and their Christian counterparts.

It is your folly to fight the Apostle, for Allah’s army is bound to disgrace you. We brought them to the pit. Hell was their meeting place. We collected them there, black slaves, men of no descent.
Ishaq 450

I hope my friend Bismillah will correct you.......that to me is not true islam. So Arabs see themselves as superior? Lol dude obviously it didn't occur to you Arabs have dark skin too. Arabs are noble? Perhaps. However the killing of.christians driving planes in towers don't make anyone noble. I think you are provoking rather than being a muslim

I hope my friend Bismillah will correct you.......that to me is not true islam. So Arabs see themselves as superior? Lol dude obviously it didn't occur to you Arabs have dark skin too. Arabs are noble? Perhaps. However the killing of.christians driving planes in towers don't make anyone noble. I think you are provoking rather than being a muslim
First off I'm not muslim and I don't believe in the Hadith.
In fact I'm against organized religion in general.
I didn't say that Arabs are noble. I was quoting the Hadith that the Mohmmed said about Arab supremacy.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
First off I'm not muslim and I don't believe in the Hadith.
In fact I'm against organized religion in general.
I didn't say that Arabs are noble. I was quoting the Hadith that the Mohmmed said about Arab supremacy.

Ok I apologize some of your statements don't have quotation marks

ahsanzz

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action.
This words was spoken by prophet muhammad and it was his last speech to his massive following...Prophet muhammad was a proud arab but that doesn't mean he was against non arabs..

Wherenextcolumbus

My mum is half Ghanaian and half Lebanese and yes I have heard from a few people that the Lebanese are hostile to black Africans in Lebanon and even the ones that live in Ghana look down on native Ghanaians and treat them as second class in their own country.