• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do God really care about which religion people follow?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I don't know since I don't know if there is a God, so I don't concern myself with such questions.
But each to her/his/their own.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
nobody can know 100% but is it possible to believe
Yes, but what if we get it wrong?

Get the belief wrong and you get your whole life wrong

I don't think the whole of humanity will ever agree on what God does or does not care about and I think that it would be better for us to ask what we as humans can all agree on - and take things from there

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist

I don't think the whole of humanity will ever agree on what God does or does not care about and I think that it would be better for us to ask what we as humans can all agree on - and take things from there
If God really care about which religion we humans follow and punish us with hell just because we believed wrong then God is not loving and just. I think only a god who is loving and just is worthy of worship.

Yes i agree with you that humans should think about what we all agree one. For it can lead to peace in the world

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
If God really care about which religion we humans follow and punish us with hell just because we believed wrong then God is not loving and just. I think only a god who is loving and just is worthy of worship.
I totally agree :)

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I personally believe that we are all in for a lot of surprises on the day of judgement or whatever you want to call it. Also, I don't believe that God requires us passing some sort of test. I do what works best for me, a 21st century American woman. I know my perception is limited.

Tinkerpeach

Question: Do God really care about which religion people follow?

My answer: I believe that to have a good heart is what matters. Is our actions who matters to God , not which religion you follow

Whats your answer to this question?
That’s not what the Bible teaches though.

Tinkerpeach

There is nothing everyone will agree on.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
That’s not what the Bible teaches though.
its depend on how you interpret the Bible

I have evidence from the Bible itself that you need not to believe in christianity to go to heaven:

God is love, whoever abides in love abides in God, and God in him, 1 John 4:16

and

Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As people moved eastward,[a] they found a plain in Shinar[b] and settled there.
They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”
But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.” Genesis 11:1-9

God did not want all to believe the same religion. the tower of babel proves that

Last edited:

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Jesus certainly was impressed with the faith of the Centurion. He also told the woman at the well soon all would worship in spirit and truth. He was quite clear that the two Great Commandments covered everything needed. So, no, God doesn't adhere to any set of proclamations developed by mankind, IMO. He only cares about one's inner light and how it's used. . .not kept under a basket!

Tinkerpeach

its depend on how you interpret the Bible

I have evidence from the Bible itself that you need not to believe in christianity to go to heaven:

God is love, whoever abides in love abides in God, and God in him, 1 John 4:16

and

Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As people moved eastward,[a] they found a plain in Shinar[b] and settled there.
They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”
But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.” Genesis 11:1-9

God did not want all to believe the same religion. the tower of babel proves that

The Bible is crystal clear that good works will not get you into Heaven.

Tinkerpeach

what do you think of those verses then?God is love, whoever abides in love abides in God, and God in him, 1 John 4:16 and the towel of babel story?
It doesn’t say they are going to Heaven though. Christ was very clear that the only way in was through Him.

Think about the thief on the cross next to him who was about to die also, he had no time left to do good works or love or anything, except accepting Jesus.