• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do not kill

McBell

Admiral Obvious
and yet the demand to close the thread without the willingness to debate the new information, doesn't seem a little odd?
Don't get me wrong, I agree that one can hear the stomping of feet.
However, I do not want to make assumptions as to the why we hear the stomping of feet.

It is completely possible that he is frustrated because he found out his understanding was not as solid as he thought.
That can be a mighty blow to ones ego.

krsnaraja

Don't get me wrong, I agree that one can hear the stomping of feet.
However, I do not want to make assumptions as to the why we hear the stomping of feet.

It is completely possible that he is frustrated because he found out his understanding was not as solid as he thought.
That can be a mighty blow to ones ego.

Adolf Hitler ordered his men to stomp their feet when they marched in the streets.

Renji

Yes it does in a rule I have which comes from 10 commandmends.
It says you should not kill.

It doesn't say you should not kill unless:
Yo are being attacked
It is full moon.

Sorry but I don't see the connection.

Your annual salary is less then 100000 dollars

That would be intentional then, hence, unpardonable since it opposes the law (in the Bible). See the difference between killing someone intentionally and killing someone because of self defense.

Yes it is common sense to defend yourself.
Yes it is law of evolution to defend yourself.
Yes it is in the law of your country that you can defend yourself.

But we are now talking about laws as presented in bible.
These are different set of rules, rules which define chirstians.

As I said, use your common sense. The Bible did not prohibit if you defend yourself. You did not get my point.

Saying that you are chirsian and in the same time not obeying christian laws
is like when aliens

But you know there are some things that are pardonable, even the Bible tells us that...

say "We come in peace" but they kill everyone on sight.

Ever seen a Christian in a good state of mind who would do that?

AdamEve

Chill guys.
There is no angry child stomping away?
This might come as surprise to you but I don't initiate debates to prove that I am correct or to prove that someone else is wrong.
I do it to find the truth.
Which should, as I understood it, be the goal of the debate.
I have learned something new, I have updated my documents and my knowledge and I am very happy about it.
There is nothing left for me to debate here.
I was prooven wrong, there was an error in my argument and I can only thank you all for pointing out the error.

Renji

Okay. This is not trolling. Do you feel remorse when USA dropped two atomic bombs in Japan?

Well, let's just say that their purpose is for the benefit of the countries enslaved by Japan (perhaps), but the tactic used is not that good.. But, the things is, that is because of war (that took place on WWII). There are also wars in the bible.

Last edited:

krsnaraja

Well, let's just say that their purpose is for the benefit of the countries enslaved by Japan (perhaps), but the tactic used is not that good..

But you did not know when USA dropped two atomic bombs in Japan, radioactive clouds pouring rain reached Philippines, my country. There were no studies yet regarding the effects of radiation on humanity at large. The result? You call it climate change. Haha!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Perhaps this thread would work better...if you (the next poster)..
were to post as if this were 'personal'.

Whatever reason you think might be sufficient....
if you raise your hand against someone else....
It is that you thought you should....or because you felt like it.

Having done so....
now consider what it is to stand before God.

Try picturing yourself as Moses.
He fled Egypt for having killed someone.
Years later, he is scribing the words....Thou shalt not kill....
As God is looking over his shoulder.

Any empathy out there?

Renji

But you did not know when USA dropped two atomic bombs in Japan, radioactive clouds pouring rain reached Philippines, my country. There were no studies yet regarding the effects of radiation on humanity at large. The result? You call it climate change. Haha!

That would be impossible, the wind will drive the radiation away from the Philippine territory. As far as I know, Japan is on the opposite direction and it's a bit too far from Philippines. It is more possible if you said that the radiation would affect much nearer countries...

krsnaraja

That would be impossible, the wind will drive the radiation away from the Philippine territory. As far as I know, Japan is on the opposite direction and it's a bit too far from Philippines. It is more possible if you said that the radiation would affect much nearer countries...

It`s only an hour an a half or more plane ride to Japan from our airport here in Mactan International Airport.

AdamEve

Well even if the original word was murder and not kill many christians are raiesed based on the wrong translation "do not kill" but still go around killimg making different excuses based on different accounts in the the bible. I mean if we start using bible as reference then anything goes. This is why I think that 10 commandmends should be seen as most important reference when we are not clear how we should act and not the other way around by taking the whole bible in order to interpret what those 10 commandments mean.

krsnaraja

Well even if the original word was murder and not kill many christians are raiesed based on the wrong translation "do not kill" but still go around killimg making different excuses based on different accounts in the the bible. I mean if we start using bible as reference then anything goes. This is why I think that 10 commandmends should be seen as most important reference when we are not clear how we should act and not the other way around by taking the whole bible in order to interpret what those 10 commandments mean.

How about " Thou shall not commit homicide." :D

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
One of the chirstan laws simple say:
One shell not kill (or something like that)
It doesn't say kill if some one tries to kill you, or if someone tries to kill someone you like, it simply says do not kill meaning ever and under any circumstance.
And if this isn't plain enough then Jesus interpretation of the law while dying on the cross should make it even more clear. He didn't kill in prder to save his life which is in complete obedience with the above love which also means do not kill even if omeone tries to kill you.
So i keep wondering how chirtians make excuses when they go around killing, for whatever reason, and keep thinking they are christians.
I thought that you should obey christian laws to be a christan.

This is not at all what that law is stating. If you keep it it in it's proper context, it would be translated into a modern context as "thou shall not commit the act of murder" (Sort of like the Cain to Abel story). The Bible makes a distinction between justifiable taking of life and outright lawless killing.

krsnaraja

(Sort of like the Cain to Abel story). The Bible makes a distinction between justifiable taking of life and outright lawless killing.

Let`s focus on Cain. If he had no envy he`d not be mad at Abel? Sort of I can`t & the other I`m able. Cain is the lazy one & Abel a workaholic. When Abel received the fruits of his work (fruits, grains, etc ) did he share them to Cain who can`t work because he is lazy? Nope. Abel who is able to do anything did not share the fruits of his labor. Cain was very hungry & so because angry led Cain to kill Abel. In law, this is a homicide not murder. Homicide is a bailable offense.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
The ten commandments are just 10 of the 613 laws in the Bible, though.
Is your idea of them being superior shared by others?