• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do the scriptures prove like DNA?

Domenic

Do you believe that because Adam had sex with Eve, he was the father of Cain and Able?
How many married men have found out their wife’s had sex outside of the marriage, and DNA proved the children were not the husbands?
Do scriptures prove Adam was not the father of Cain, and Able?

muziko

Do you believe that because Adam had sex with Eve, he was the father of Cain and Able?

Yes, I do believe that if Adam had sex with Eve and if Eve conceived both Cain and Abel, that they are their children.

How many married men have found out their wife’s had sex outside of the marriage, and DNA proved the children were not the husbands?
I have no idea. :shrug:
Do scriptures prove Adam was not the father of Cain, and Able?
I would like to think they (the scriptures) do prove Adam was the father. According to Genesis 4:1, it is confirmed that it was Adam who got Eve pregnant who gave birth to both Cain, and later Abel. He is the only male mentioned in Genesis at this point. But I suppose you never know :)

Domenic

Yes, I do believe that if Adam had sex with Eve and if Eve conceived both Cain and Abel, that they are their children.

I have no idea. :shrug:

I would like to think they (the scriptures) do prove Adam was the father. According to Genesis 4:1, it is confirmed that it was Adam who got Eve pregnant who gave birth to both Cain, and later Abel. He is the only male mentioned in Genesis at this point. But I suppose you never know :)

But I do know. What does it Take to make a child? A female egg, and a male seed.
Adam was the only male there. So where did the seed come form? Before Cain was born, Adam called his mate women. After the birth of Cain, he named her Eve. That name has a meaning. There were angels there, but angels don't have seed.
My oh my...how did little Miss Eve get pregnant if Adam did not do it?
Take a stab at this.

muziko

But I do know. What does it Take to make a child? A female egg, and a male seed.

Right

Adam was the only male there. So where did the seed come form?
Is this a trick question? Adam.

Before Cain was born, Adam called his mate women. After the birth of Cain, he named her Eve.
"Woman" is first mentioned in 2:23 after being created. She is later called Eve by Adam after the fall in 3:20. This is actually before the birth of Cain, which is mentioned in 4:1.

My oh my...how did little Miss Eve get pregnant if Adam did not do it?
Take a stab at this.

This is where I get confused. When I read Genesis I understand it to be Adam that gets Eve pregnant. So I guess that's my "stab" at the question :)

Domenic

Right

Is this a trick question? Adam.

"Woman" is first mentioned in 2:23 after being created. She is later called Eve by Adam after the fall in 3:20. This is actually before the birth of Cain, which is mentioned in 4:1.

This is where I get confused. When I read Genesis I understand it to be Adam that gets Eve pregnant. So I guess that's my "stab" at the question :)

Thank you for taking the time to answer those questions.
There was others there that had seed, and eggs.

Genesis 3:15 God is talking to Satan, about Satans seed? How did Satan come to have seed? What did he need seed for, and why is God angry at Satan for doing something with his seed?
Genesis 5:3 Adams first child,. Note, Cain and Able are not there in that list.

All the trees in the Bible are symbolic. Why do people think the one in the garden is not?
One more question. Why did Satan want Adam and Eve to fall out of favor with God?

muziko

There was others there that had seed, and eggs.

You can believe this if you want, but according to the story itself, it seems almost doubtful

Genesis 3:15 God is talking to Satan, about Satans seed? How did Satan come to have seed? What did he need seed for, and why is God angry at Satan for doing something with his seed?

Now I think I understand where you're getting at. Though I won't argue that your interpretation is wrong, I will state that it's the first time I've heard of it. In Christianity, the statement is viewed that Satan is the serpent who represents evil, and though eternal life may come to stop death itself, the power of evil shall still "sting" the righteous.

Genesis 5:3 Adams first child,. Note, Cain and Able are not there in that list.

It was suppose to be a family line. It isn't saying Seth is the first. Abel was dead and Cain was sent off.

All the trees in the Bible are symbolic. Why do people think the one in the garden is not?

Just their flavor of theology and how they roll :)

One more question. Why did Satan want Adam and Eve to fall out of favor with God?

Depends on your theology. Some people say he was jealous or wanted to prove a point to God. Others say that temptations are just a natural way of life. :shrug: