• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do these bible verses imply humans have a soul inside them?

Frank Goad

Do these bible verses imply humans have a soul inside them?Yes or no?I think Yes.:)

Psalm 42:6

and

Psalm 43:5

And

2 Kings 4:27.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Do these bible verses imply humans have a soul inside them?Yes or no?I think Yes.:)

and

And

Yes, I think they do imply that humans have a soul, although I don't believe it is a separate entity that lives inside of them. I believe that the soul is associated with the mind while humans are alive in a physical body, but the soul continues to exist in another form after we die.

Sir Joseph

It does seem like an easy question. A simple reading of the passages would say yes for all 3, and I suspect that a thorough study of the passages in textual context would agree.

nPeace

Veteran Member

and

And

Not sure how you figure on the last verse.
These scriptures might be helpful.
(1 Chronicles 28:9) “And you, Solʹo·mon my son, know the God of your father and serve him with a complete heart and with a delightful soul, for Jehovah searches through all hearts, and he discerns every inclination of the thoughts. If you search for him, he will let himself be found by you, but if you leave him, he will reject you forever.

(Psalm 7:9) Please put an end to the evil deeds of the wicked. But establish the righteous, Since you are the righteous God who examines the hearts and the deepest emotions.

(Proverbs 24:12) If you say, “But we did not know about this,” Does not the One who examines hearts discern it? Yes, the One who watches you will know And will repay each man according to his activity.

(Jeremiah 17:10) I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, Examining the innermost thoughts, To give to each one according to his ways, According to the fruitage of his works.
The inner person - the person themselves - is the soul.
That is, what makes you... What Jehovah sees.
See Soul.

Is the inner person - the person of yourself, inside you?
How can that be? It's your inner self. Of course, it's in your body as well, but where else would you be.