• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you accept the Bible? If not, explain why.

ellenjanuary

Ok so I completely threw out that argument thinking you would defend Christianity so disregard what I said I see your not an idiot. I dont believe in god though. I literally remember this one night when I was 16 I was tossing and turning in bed because these crazy thoughts were flying through my head. That night it hit me. I didn't believe in god. But it wasn't the craziest feeling.... I felt relieved! It was like this 2 million pound boulder was lifted off my chest. I realized how selfish humans were and that I just don't matter in the big picture. I learned to love everyone and anyone. That's truly being born again.

Amen.

What I mean, about god being cool? People can find enlightenment, being certain that god cannot exist. :D

That's way cooler than these "priests" can understand, huh? ;)

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Because i have no idea what you are talking about and neither do you... If you mean to ask whether i worship a version of the christian idol scripture than you should word the question correctly. I do not. The simple reason being that all the versions of the christian idol scripture lack any reason for me to think they mean anything more than their purported ideas and opinions.

ellenjanuary

I got a whole pile o' stuff... but if you mean ZOMGitsCriss, I'm thinkin' we're in the same congregation, fella. ;)

That guy didn't show up till after I posted! It's a miracle!

Not. Funny thing is, I can explain alla those things he mentioned... :angel2:

And he ain't as cool as Cristina... :D

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
No, I do not accept the 'Bible'. Why? Because I am not a Christian. I have my own Tanach which is supposedly the same as your so-called 'old' testament, but quite frankly when I read the 'bible' version of my scripture, it seems like it's not the same at all.

I do read some and I repeat some of your so-called 'new' testament, but only to glean what seems like genuine saying of Yeshua. (wheat from the chaff)

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Funny thing is, I can explain alla those things he mentioned... :angel2:
so can I. that doesn't mean my bending of the words is correct. If we were allowed to do what you do to the christian idol scriptures to the pagan ones than all the arguments the christians used against the pagans would be false. wasn't it the Roman pagans that called the christians dirty traitor atheists?

ellenjanuary

No!!!!!!! Etarte ftw!!! I just want to hug him.

Woah! Didn't say I was going to... ;)

When I clicked your link, there was five videos, and one was a Cristina... naturally my thought process degraded towards the physical realm... I'm better now. :D

But I ain't up to defending Christianity, I was just defending the Bible; I get good stuff outta the Bible, but I don't say everybody hasta get good stuff outta the Bible.

Where Is God

Creator
Woah! Didn't say I was going to... ;)

When I clicked your link, there was five videos, and one was a Cristina... naturally my thought process degraded towards the physical realm... I'm better now. :D

But I ain't up to defending Christianity, I was just defending the Bible; I get good stuff outta the Bible, but I don't say everybody hasta get good stuff outta the Bible.

No I understand! Did you watch his video though?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Which claim are you talking about? The possibility of being open to the existence of God . .

I thought we were talking about the bible? The concept of god isn't exclusive to zany Judaism or its wacky spin-offs, Christianity and Islam. The idea of god, and how primitive man portrayed god and what they attributed to god, are completely different things.

No, for the same reason that you don't accept the scriptures of other religions, like greek mythology or Zoroastrianism.

ellenjanuary

so can I. that doesn't mean my bending of the words is correct. If we were allowed to do what you do to the christian idol scriptures to the pagan ones than all the arguments the christians used against the pagans would be false. wasn't it the Roman pagans that called the christians dirty traitor atheists?

What?!?! A challenge! Wait... who is "we?" I'm not familiar with the sect of "illumination."

"Pauline Israelite" means you can call me Christian, sure enough; but having the Pauline perspective means, no, the Roman pagans wouldna talked to me like that. Means they woulda saw the value in being Pauline Israelite... ending up with a condition much like the real world.

You do, real-world, right? ;)

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
No i don't. It's because
* I have never found any proof that its authentic, or from God.
* wrong things about God and his messenger.
* Morals, sexism, racism,murder,rape,salvation idology.
* Scientific errors, contradictions with what we know for sure.
* Myths.
* It contradicts itself.
Not meaning to hurt anyone's feelings though, sorry if i did.

This is all true. It's also true of the quran. The reason you think it is not is that you were brainwashed as a child to see it as God's message, just as Bible was brainwashed to see the Bible that way. Had you been raised Christian in Biloxi, and he Muslim in Peshawar, you would each be arguing the opposite position.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
What?!?! A challenge! Wait... who is "we?" I'm not familiar with the sect of "illumination."

"Pauline Israelite" means you can call me Christian, sure enough; but having the Pauline perspective means, no, the Roman pagans wouldna talked to me like that. Means they woulda saw the value in being Pauline Israelite... ending up with a condition much like the real world.

You do, real-world, right? ;)
It's not a sect. illumination is God's personal revelation. illumination means you can call me an agnostic. Are you denying that the word atheist was invented by Romans to use against Christian converts?