• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Agree?

Agree with quote?

• Agree

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Disagree

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I voted 'yes'. Hindus believe that we are all souls wearing a physical body and experiencing material nature for a limited time and for a particular purpose.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
If I have to pick either agree or disagree I will disagree. We are obviously human beings and we are obviously physical beings. I do not think we have an way of knowing if there is any spiritual aspect to life or not, but I certainly know that I am at least partially a physical, human being.

Levite

Higher and Higher
Agree. The body is to the soul as the clothing is to the body. Or, as a particularly wise teacher once put it, "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Couldn't answer the poll as is.

I believe we are creatures born to become spirit.
This life is no more than the process that forms the potential.