• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in soulmates?

Do you believe in soulmates?

• Yes

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I believe there can be a bond strong enough between two people for them to be considered soulmates.

As for my soul mate... if the person I'm in love with isn't my soul mate, I don't want one.

Doc

Space Chief
I think they do exist. I have not yet met her, at least not to my knowledge. Even though I have written poems of her. Poems inspired through my heart that I have not yet understood yet. If we can have soul lovers, is it possible to have soul enemies. Like someone on the very opposite end of the spectrum and the exact opposite and evil of you. Like they are drawn to each other only to be the worst of enemies. I wrote a short story last Spring suggesting this where brothers who were the best of friends at a young age, became mortal enemies after they were broken apart by death in the family and war. I called it Opposite Ends of the Spectrum because each brother believed they were right in all that they did and were too stubborn to understand the other's beliefs.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I agree with most of your post, except for this...

Doc said:
Like someone on the very opposite end of the spectrum and the exact opposite and evil of you.

Is someone really evil just because they're on the opposite end of a spectrum from someone else? By that definition we're all evil, since I'd be willing to bet everyone has an exact opposite.

I'm interested in your stories and poems, as well. Do you have them online anywhere? I'd love to read them.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Some people resonate harmoniously when YOU are near them and, NO, there is no such thing as a soul mate. For the sake of this conversation, let US use the term "familiar entity" instead of "soul mate." This broadens our description and acceptance of the importance to familiar entities that cross YOUR life, and does not exclusively single out these entities as possible candidates for intimate REALtionships. So, in actuality, a "familiar entity" can BE anything from a plant, to a snake, or a dog, a man, a woman, or another worldly entity. It is not the "soul" part of the term as much as it is the "mate" that confuses the issue.

Pah

Uber all member
I answer NO QTpi thinks Bush is the lesser of two evils.

Aside from that - yes

And I have mine!!!!!

-pah-

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Ceridwen018 said:
Uh-oh, what'd he do? Do we need to get the girls together for a little quality hazing time?

Hehee, not only the girls, but some very helpful guys were able to give me some feedback about this whole issue over in the Journals section. (This particular entry, which isn't intended for the faint of heart.)

The trouble is, after swearing up and down to each other that we are soulmates (and both of us believing it, too, I think) how do you tell someone that you were mistaken about such a topic?

Doc

Space Chief
Jensa, my website for my currently documented poetry is http://www.geocities.com/elflord_brad/My_Poetry.html

My stories are far too long to post online. I have partially written two of them but have not come up with good enough endings for either of them. The first one was about two brothers and the respect of Natives to the land in which many tried to conquer. Compared slightly to Columbus and his voyages. With the many good things that came about from it, the natives were completely violated and shoved aside by those more powerful.
The 2nd story was about slavery and prejudice. It is about an escaped slave who after so much sacrafice and determination is able to escape his horrible life into a free country only to find that the free people are just as prejudice as the slave driver and reject the poor escaped slave. This story can be slightly compared to the time of Slavery in America. And the prejudice that still exists in the world today.
But if you would like, I suppose I could send a chapter or two introduction about one of them if anyone would like to be either e-mailed or PMd.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This might be an unpopular view, but I think you can have more than one soulmate in your life. I think I've had two. They were separated by years. The first came into my life when I was 19. The second came into my life when I was in my late thirties. A soulmate can change everything you've ever believed about love.

SoulTYPE

For some, they may exist. Not for me. I gave up believing love (partnership wise).
And technically I find it hard for a soul to match mine.

cardero

Citizen Mod
SoulTYPE01 writes: For some, they may exist. Not for me. I gave up believing love (partnership wise).
And technically I find it hard for a soul to match mine.
Everyone has had familiar entities cross their path at one time or another. If you did not meet them in the spiritual realm you may have met them in another physical existence. The emphasis here is not on LOVE or intamacy it is on recognition and REMEMBRANCE. If the familiar entity that you recognize someday is compatible to become a mate than so BE it.

SaraLee

If soul mate means there is only one person in the world that was created especially for you or me, then no, I don't believe in soul mates. But I do believe a person can find someone who resonates on the same frequency with someone else and the compatibility level is very high. Of course I also believe that two people can come together, fight like cats and dogs and learn a lot from and with the other person not only on an earthly level but a soul level but of course, that is IF they are willing and open to learn.

SaraLee

CJW

"NO, there is no such thing as a soul mate."

By the design of things it looks like everyone used to be born with their perfect twin, feminine and masculine. Minds that think alike or know what the other is thinking and the like.

Yes, enter the incest taboo. Think about it. Any theory of origins you believe traced back to a time when family relationships were closer. There is no escaping if you believe in science at all.

http://mynym.blogspot.com/