• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in soulmates?

Do you believe in soulmates?

• Yes

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
CJW said:
I do believe in the taboo, by the way! Just because something is a social construction does not mean it is useless or wrong to keep on believing it.
There's a taboo against soulmates??!! Down with the taboo!!

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Sunstone said:
This might be an unpopular view, but I think you can have more than one soulmate in your life. I think I've had two. They were separated by years. The first came into my life when I was 19. The second came into my life when I was in my late thirties. A soulmate can change everything you've ever believed about love.
I saw a book on this subject not long ago (didn't get to read it though, since the local library doesn't have it :rolleyes: ). It's all very interesting...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Bastet said:
I saw a book on this subject not long ago (didn't get to read it though, since the local library doesn't have it :rolleyes: ). It's all very interesting...
Can you recall the title of the book or the author? I'd be interested in reading it.:)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I believe in soul mates and i believe i have found mine. She has filled a void in my life and is the strength when i have weakness.:flirt:

SoulTYPE

I don't believe in them at all. I have had no proof or reason to do so.

I am doomed to eternal sole life.

huajiro

I don't know about the rest of you, but I went through a lot of relationships before I met my wife, and I always felt like something was missing. She is perfect in every way, for me. She completes me in every way (physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually). It has gotten to the point that I feel like we really have become one person. Yes, she is my soulmate, and I believe in her.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
SoulTYPE01 said:

Dang it SoulTYPE01! don't think like that man. Have some confidence in yourself i'm telling you chicks dig confidence! You just gotta be out there man, ya gotta be big pimpin! :cool:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
SoulTYPE01 said:

Pessimism might not be the best preparation for finding a soulmate. Just a thought.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Your wrong SoulTYPE,
Being confident is not lying to yourself, it's believing in yourself (G-d i sound like an afterschool special:biglaugh: ) Look i know it sux right now, hey been there done that man. But until you think your good enough and start acting like it that's gonna be a roadblock to you being truely happy. To hell with everyone else man, the fact of the matter is some people are jacka$$es and don't know a good person when they meet them (especially alot of chicks) you just gotta keep on keepin on. Like Joe Dirt said, "Life's a garden, dig it!"
You let this sh!t get you down and it'll show on the outside as much as it hurts on the inside.
You gotta tighten up brother! I know you can dude, like i said, find the inner pimp:cool:

Pah

Uber all member
I'm afraid I'm in the minority here.

I think the idea of a soulmate or becoming one body is romantic but, as sometimes occurs in romance, glosses over differences.

Qtpi and I began to love each other after an internet introduction. We love each other still and the love continues to grow. Our differences are minor but they are present. Some philisophical, some spiritual, some expressions of self, and some political differences are becoming more and more understood by us, strenghtening the love we have for each other.

-pah-

Lightkeeper

I think there are people that we click with better than others. The reading I have done about soulmates is that it is not necessarily a smooth relationship. It can be very rough with lots of highs and lows.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Relationships that are built on there being no differences between you and another person are short-lived, fleeting, and illusionary. Differences come out with time and getting to know one another better. I don't think it's sound to try to find someone you have no differences with. Instead, I think it's immature.

Lightkeeper

SoulTYPE01 said:

In order to attract our soulmate we have to have something someone wants. People are repelled by negativity. One might get some immediate attention for it, but in the long run people don't want to be around it. We become our thoughts. People are attracted to happy positive people. We can change the negative into a positive. I did it and if I can do it anybody can. If we ACT positive we will become positive.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
SoulTYPE01 said:
easier said than done man.

I was being honest. Being Confident would be lying to myself.
Yes, it's so much easier to play the victim. Look, many people on this forum have been through very difficult life experiences, and many people on this forum have been suicidal. It's easier to say "Poor me", than it is to get off your a$$ and do something about it. Don't bother looking for someone to share your life, because quite frankly, nobody would want to be with you the way you are right now. People have enough baggage of their own without taking yours on too. Pull your finger out and try doing something to turn your life around - like improving your self image, for starters - and forget about not having a girlfriend. Otherwise, you will die lonely and alone...self fulfulling prophecies are like that. :sarcastic

SoulTYPE

Bastet,

How dare you make wild accusations. On another board I wouldn't care, but here.
How do you know I am not doing anything about it? Did I ever say I wasn't? F**k me,
that is arrogant to just "assume" sh*t like that. That's what gets me down.

Do I just come out and say "Bastet this or that?" No. Why do it?

I was wrong to come back here. If I wanted wild accusations that somebeody just "decides" to make, I'd go to another forum.

And this is the F**n second time it's happened. I'm glad I aint with anyone so I don't have to put up with that sh*t.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
SoulTYPE ~ You're right, I made assumptions, and I apologise. I was in a bad mood, and took it out on you, and I am sorry for that. I read things you posted here...and mistakenly joined the dots by remembering what it was like to be where you are. I realise not everyone is the same, nor do their journeys play out the same way, or in the same space of time (for the record, it took me 7+ years to get out of my depression, and another 2 years of work later on down the track to get me feeling like I could just be me, and that I deserved to be happy). I guess I get frustrated watching other people go through it, because I know that it does get better, with hard work and perseverance. I also realise that you have to hit bottom before you can see that for yourself. I wish you the best of luck.

But, if you think that just because one person jumps down your throat in a moment of frustration, that you should leave this forum, then...that's your problem, not mine. I called it as I saw it, and you corrected me. As far as I'm concerned, that's it, couldn't care less anymore.