• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You believe that Moses actually existed?

Popeyesays

beckysoup61 said:
Do you believe Moses actually existed? Why or why not?

Jesus said Moses existed. Muhammed says Moses existed. Baha`u'llah says Moses existed. Why should I doubt any of them?

Regards,
Scott

Bishka

Veteran Member
I should also ask, do you believe that Noah existed, Jesus existed and other biblical characters

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Deut 13:1 said:
The bible says a lot of things... Do you try to adhere to them all?
I try very much to obey the covenant established in the NT of the Bible. Much of what God established in the OT is reiterated in the NT.

(I was quoting part of a song...hence the lovely little curtsy)

Ody

I believe Noah existed, and did other biblical "characters" but i most likely have different views than most in regards to Jesus

Bishka

Veteran Member
I am actually asking, if my OP didn't make it clear, do you believe a physcial man named Moses, a physical man named Jesus, a physical man named Noah existed. I'm not asking about divinity or any preisthood. I'm asking if you believe a person actually physcially existed.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
beckysoup61 said:
I am actually asking, if my OP didn't make it clear, do you believe a physcial man named Moses, a physical man named Jesus, a physical man named Noah existed. I'm not asking about divinity or any preisthood. I'm asking if you believe a person actually physcially existed.
a) no
b) possibly
c) no

Smoke

Done here.
beckysoup61 said:
a physcial man named Moses,
Kinda-sorta. I believe that Moses existed in much the same way I believe King Arthur or Robin Hood existed. That is, almost all of the stories we have about him are certainly non-historical, but there may be a kernel of history somewhere within the legend.

beckysoup61 said:
a physical man named Jesus
Yes, I believe there was such an itinerant teacher, whose teachings are partially preserved.

beckysoup61 said:
a physical man named Noah
Not even remotely plausible.

Bishka

Veteran Member
MidnightBlue said:
Kinda-sorta. I believe that Moses existed in much the same way I believe King Arthur or Robin Hood existed. That is, almost all of the stories we have about him are certainly non-historical, but there may be a kernel of history somewhere within the legend.

Yes, I believe there was such an itinerant teacher, whose teachings are partially preserved.

Not even remotely plausible.

Why do you not believe a man named Noah existed, or that it is not plausiable. Why believe in the others, but not him? Do you believe a man named Muhammad existed?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Moses, not sure. I don't believe most of what's written about him.
Jesus, yes. Whether he was the Son of God, not 100% sure on that, but very well could have been. I believe he is most definately a God now.​
Noah, nope. A metaphore, nothing more.

Bishka

Veteran Member
jeffrey said:
Moses, not sure. I don't believe most of what's written about him.
Jesus, yes. Whether he was the Son of God, not 100% sure on that, but very well could have been. I believe he is most definately a God now.​
Noah, nope. A metaphore, nothing more.
Why do people think Noah did not exist(spelling?), is a world-wide flood just not plausiable to you?

dauer

I think that there was probably an historical Moses, but I don't necessarily think the historical Moses has much in common with the Moses of Abrahamic lore. I highly doubt there was an historical Noah. There was probably a real person named Jesus.

Dauer

dauer

God communicating to a single man, at the time of a worldwide flood, to build an ark and herd all the animals aboard while all of the wicked people of the world perish in the deluge: this is hard to swallow.