• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you go to hell if you commit suicide?

FFH

Veteran Member
Thank you all!! I appriciate your comments and opinions!! I have had a suicide in my family. It was very painful but I felt sorry for them for being in such anguish! I
He or she will definitely get help on the other side if they want it...

God is an extremely merciful God and he will comfort those in need of comfort..

He is quick to save and slow to condemn...

logician

"God is an extremely merciful God and he will comfort those in need of comfort.."

Really, ever read the Old Testament?

may

Thank you all!! I appriciate your comments and opinions!! I have had a suicide in my family. It was very painful but I felt sorry for them for being in such anguish! I
Hell is just mankinds common grave , and all of us go there when we die , regardless of how we died. and i am sure that the person who commited suicide will have a resurrection , the bible promises that all those in Jehovahs memory will be resurrected, and it will include believers ansd unbelievers. the bible promises that these ones will have a resurrection into a paradise EARTH , of cause the earth is not yet a paradise, so it will be at a future time . and when they are resurrected they will not be judged on their past deeds, or the things they did before they died ,they will be judged on how they live their lives from after their resurrection . ..............JOHN 5;28-29 It will be good to live in a paradise earth because thoughts of killing ourselves will be a thing of the past .
Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.

Vassal

No one sin can cause people to be unsaved, forgiveness doesn't work in such a way that that would happen, so commiting suicide doesn't cause you to goto hell, however, I don't see any reason that a saved person would commit suicide (mental retardation exluded). I can't imagine why anyone would commit suicide unless they believed thier life was hopeless, and anyone who is saved knows their life isn't hopeless, so I would have to guess that most everyone that commit suicide goes to hell because they weren't saved before they commited suicide, and certianly not after either.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Ever read the history of the Christian church?

The church is ran by human which will do wrong things what your point, all culture have this with in the religion. So what's your point. Just because people do something wrong doesn't mean the religion is bad, that's just a cop-out.

logician

The church is ran by human which will do wrong things what your point, all culture have this with in the religion. So what's your point. Just because people do something wrong doesn't mean the religion is bad, that's just a cop-out.

It doesn't mean the religion is good either.

may

Being abandoned by God. Completly disconnected from our Father!
the Hebrew sheol, and the Greek hades, are both translated as Hell in many bibles, and the meaning of those words just mean ................(mankinds common grave ). so the majority of people who die in whatever circumstance that may be , will be going to hell . but that does not mean that they are forgotten by God . because great things are in store when the great resurrection takes place at a future time . and they will be resurrected back to a paradise earth. that is what the bible promises .

may

Does God LOVE "His" hurting children...
or WHAT?!?

I live in a world of doublespeak.:seesaw:
For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. john 3;16
(1 John 4:10) The love is in this respect, not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent forth his Son as a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins.​

(1 John 4:19) As for us, we love, because he first loved us.

look3467

Premium Member
Jesus went to hell for you!
That means, hell does not exist because Jesus owns it.
He bought it lock, stock and barrel.
Or should I say, He bought the whole tree of knowledge of good and evil.
For it says:
Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
Peace>>>AJ

may

Jesus went to hell for you!
That means, hell does not exist because Jesus owns it.
He bought it lock, stock and barrel.
Or should I say, He bought the whole tree of knowledge of good and evil.
For it says:
Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
Peace>>>AJ
yes christians are no longer under the mosaic law , its all wrapped up in love of God and neighbour.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Well do you?
Suicide:
The act of causing ones own death.
Suicide may be positive or negative and it may be direct or indirect. Suicide is a positive act when one takes ones own life.

Suicide is a negative act when one does not do what is necessary to escape death such as leaving a burning building.

Suicide is direct when one has the intention of causing ones own death, whether as an end to be attained, or as a means to another end, as when a man kills himself to escape condemnation, disgrace, ruin, etc.

Suicide is indirect (and not usually called suicide) when one does not desire it as an end or a means, but when one nevertheless commits an act which courts death, as in tending someone with SARS knowing that they may well succumb to the same illness.

Suicide definition - Medical Dictionary definitions of popular medical terms easily defined on MedTerms
The Bible shows that it is the INTENTIONS of the one committing suicide that determine their destination:
John 15:13 (KJV)
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Hope this helps.

Do you commit suicide if you love the Lord? I wouldn't think so.

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.(1 Peter 5:7)

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. (1 John 4:18)

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. (Isaiah 26:3)

Do you go to hell if you commit suicide?

no you go to the morgue (wich can be described as hell if you could smell yourself by then)

S-word

Quote....FFH-----Angels are those who have lived and died on earth. Nothing mysterious about it. Noah is referred to as the angel Gabriel and Adam is referred to as the arch (head) angel named Michael.

Yea, well whomsoevery refered to Adam as Michael the Arch-Angel, and Noah as the angel Gabriel, were talking through their whatyamacallit. Cos they aint got a clue. But back to the topic: those suiciders that God chooses to chuck into the eternal fire, gets chucked into it, those suiciders that he chooses not to chuck in the eternal fire, don't get chucked into it, so why debate it? Cos you and I don't get no say in the matter.

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. john 3;16
(1 John 4:10) The love is in this respect, not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent forth his Son as a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins.

(1 John 4:19) As for us, we love, because he first loved us.

So 'his' love is shallow AND his plan eternally ineffective for millions upon millions.

Good show! :clap