• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Hate God?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Depends on the particular god and if they're portrayed as cruel and unjust. I "hate" them about as much as one can a fictional character, but the real hate I have is for the effect the concept can have on people - used to justify bigotry, violence, willful ignorance of science and the like.

Smoke

Done here.
Not even a little. Now, if you'd asked "Do you hate God's followers?" that would have been another matter; I do hate some of those people. I try not to hate anyone, but it's very difficult not to hate the Phelps' on some level, for example. Yet even while I hate them, I feel really badly for their children.
What she said, although my contempt for Pat Robertson and James Dobson is even greater than my contempt for the Phelps family.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The whole "god" thing really irks me when it finds its way into government via fundamentalist trying to legislate morality. If God wants a say in politics, he can float on down and apply for citizenship and then register to vote.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I have gotten mad at God..But I dont think I have ever "hated" him..I thought maybe He hated me...
I have felt hatred towards people though...

Blessings

Dallas

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Nope.

I like giving him Big Squishy Hugs and bouncing on the trampoline with him. :hugehug: :trampo:

Go God! :D

Peace,
Mystic

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
What god? There is none to hate.
There is not one for you...So why did you answer this question?

If someone asked ...how does it feel to be a parent...and I had no children...I wouldnt try and answer the question...

Except I could say..."what parenting...I dont have children"

Thats the equivelant of your comment....Accept to express that you dont believe in God..So what...that wasnt the question..

Blessings

Dallas

wednesday

Jesus
God isn't materialistic, so i dont hate him/her/it. I hate his servants who think everyone in the world either must accept him or be cast out, unfortunately there are many of these people.

agent_smith

I evolved.
You can hate the concept of a God as painted by His more ardent followers, such as Torquemada or Fred Phelps.
There are so many definitions of God that people have made up that a question like that would be almost impossible to answer. But if, for example, the Old Testament is meant to be taken as literally true then I suppose I do hate the concept of God.

But since God is imaginary, it is some of the believers in God that I hate. (e.g. people who like to blow themselves up so that they get 72 virgins after they die, people who brainwash children to believe absurdities, people who promote homophobia, etc)

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
There is not one for you...So why did you answer this question?

If someone asked ...how does it feel to be a parent...and I had no children...I wouldnt try and answer the question...

Except I could say..."what parenting...I dont have children"

Thats the equivelant of your comment....Accept to express that you dont believe in God..So what...that wasnt the question..

Blessings

Dallas

So can non-Christians post too, or do we have to talk about the specific God you want to talk about, even though that wasn't part of the original question?

The question is "Do you hate God?". The atheistic answer is "No" qualified by "There is no God", which explains the original answer.

Your analogy isn't very good either. Your example equates more to the question "How does it feel to hate God?" In that case you wouldn't be able to answer either, considering you don't hate God, although I don't think anyone would mind if you expressed your views anyway.