• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have a philosophy about life?

CeilTempest

I have 2 philosophies that i live by
1. copied from Jim Rohn, "Results is the name of the game, its the reason for the season" this philosophy is mainly for work & personal development. Whatever project i take on, the end goal is to produce results.
2. Quote from Naruto anime, "Knowing what it feels like to be in pain is exactly why we try to be kind to others.", i try to live my life by this quote. Its more life my personal statement.

What about you? Do you have a philosophy you live by?

gotti

*Banned*
Yes.
That life is something to laugh about.

The secret is not to take life and things of life seriously.

I was about to say a flat "No."

Then this post was fatefully put before me. Kinda when I really needed it too.

Thank you.

Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily - Life is but a dream...

"All the labors of ages, all the devotion, all the inspiration, all the noon-day brightness of human genius, are destined to extinction in the vast death of the solar system, and that the whole temple of Man's achievement must inevitably be buried beneath the debris of a universe in ruins."
- Bertrand Russell

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
1. copied from Jim Rohn, "Results is the name of the game, its the reason for the season" this philosophy is mainly for work & personal development. Whatever project i take on, the end goal is to produce results.
2. Quote from Naruto anime, "Knowing what it feels like to be in pain is exactly why we try to be kind to others.", i try to live my life by this quote. Its more life my personal statement.

Life is what you make of it (usually)

Yerda

Veteran Member
Not in so many words, but I try to approach life as often as I can with an attitude that is some blend of Jesus, the stoics and the Advaitists (is that a word?).

We should love all conscious beings as much as our nature allows. It may not be enough to save us, but it is the best we can do.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

The goal of my life is the continued multi-faceted expansion of my self awareness through a careful and mindful reflection of the lived experiences.
A secondary goal is a humble attempt at co-sharing my experiences and knowledge with others.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

I try to make sure that carrying on living is one of the options. o_O

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Just the reminder that I don't own the land, but the land is what owns you.

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
Getting in where we are more apt to thrive as individuals is better than remaining in environments where the majorities surrounding us make sure we know the nature of our unwelcome. To secure a haven beyond the confines of our growing, navigation is necessitated, action is required, and resolve to make it happen is placed upon our own willingness.