• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Know Why You Don't Drink Beer?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I know why, I find it gross!

Michael Jackson (the beer guy, not the other one) wrote something like, "Saying 'I don't like beer' is like saying 'I don't like food' - there's such a wide range of beers and beer styles out there that anyone can find something they like."

If you don't like beer but like wine, try starting with a lambic - it's a slightly sour Belgian beer style that's usually flavoured with fruit and bears very little resemblance to a "normal" beer.

There's lots of good beer out there. Unfortunately, there's also lots of bad beer, so sometimes it takes a while to find the ones you really like. If you don't like the mainstream stuff, try the non-mainstream. If they sell single bottles/cans at your local liquor store, that can be a good way to explore without spending a lot of money - just buy one of each one you're trying out, and when you find one you like, remember it!

:drunk:

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Did you enjoy sex for the very first time? You don't have to answer that, but you might get my point.

;):D

:eek: Surely you must be a daughter of Satan to speak such blasphemous words against the nectar of all the fun Gods!

Surely I must!:cover:

Michael Jackson (the beer guy, not the other one) wrote something like, "Saying 'I don't like beer' is like saying 'I don't like food' - there's such a wide range of beers and beer styles out there that anyone can find something they like."

If you don't like beer but like wine, try starting with a lambic - it's a slightly sour Belgian beer style that's usually flavoured with fruit and bears very little resemblance to a "normal" beer.

There's lots of good beer out there. Unfortunately, there's also lots of bad beer, so sometimes it takes a while to find the ones you really like. If you don't like the mainstream stuff, try the non-mainstream. If they sell single bottles/cans at your local liquor store, that can be a good way to explore without spending a lot of money - just buy one of each one you're trying out, and when you find one you like, remember it!

:drunk:

I'm very choosy about my alcohol, what I do drink can probably be considered a beer, just not the type that first comes to mind. I usually stick to Smirnoff Ice and it's various flavors.:)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
You're not alone, Gen. I hate beer - kinda inevitable when you hate hops. I used to be a Smirnoff Ice girl m'self, but then I discovered the delight that is hard cider. Pick up a pack of Hornsby's Amber Draft sometime (if they have it in Maine), I bet you'll love it.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Pick up a pack of Hornsby's Amber Draft sometime (if they have it in Maine), I bet you'll love it.

A friend of mine is crazy over Woodchuck Hard Cider (a New Hampshire drink, I think). But whenever I go to borrow one, she'd already drank it all! :)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
And now I have another reason to go to Texas. :D

All this religious beer talk has made me remember Church-Key Brewing. If you're ever near Campbellford, Ontario, make a detour and try their Rosemary Ginger Spiced Ale; it tastes like turkey stuffing in the best way possible. Get their Cranberry Maple Wheat Beer as well and that's your whole Thanksgiving dinner right there!

Smoke

Done here.
A friend of mine is crazy over Woodchuck Hard Cider (a New Hampshire drink, I think).
Good stuff. The last one I drank was a draft with a distinct soapy taste, whether from the pint glass it was served in or because it was from a bad batch, I don't know. I switched to Yuengling lager, though, and there was no problem with that. However, I've always enjoyed Woodchuck from a bottle, and never had any problem with it. I do prefer Hornsby's, though.

Hard ciders and sweet malt beverages (like hard lemonade) are a little sickening after two or three, though. No such problem with beer. :D