• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you love God?

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
That is like asking "Do you love existence" ---- and what is this God = who .. which God .. looking fore a name here .. and what about this God do you love so much ... Is your God named Jealousy .. and what would someone love about an irrational flip flopping genocidal maniac with the most petty and nasty of human weaknesses .... Do you love all of that ... or is "Jealousy" not the name of the God you love ?
You know, it might not be that bad. Could be the best you've ever had.

Sargonski

I already have.

Not true .. although you have responded .. it was not to the topic ... and so you have not .. with other than carnival Jest .. and that doesn't count in the A division .. A-Team .. if ya know what I mean !? :) and make sure to learn chess notation to make the most out of the path to enlightenment !

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Not true .. although you have responded .. it was not to the topic ... and so you have not .. with other than carnival Jest .. and that doesn't count in the A division .. A-Team .. if ya know what I mean !? :) and make sure to learn chess notation to make the most out of the path to enlightenment !
Since you clearly can't be bothered to read the thread, I'll do you a solid and leave these here for you. Enjoy. :)

Sargonski

Since you clearly can't be bothered to read the thread, I'll do you a solid and leave these here for you. Enjoy. :)

You never directed me to anything in the thread .. Do you read the entire thread every time you respond in some thread ? .. and why would one go read the whole thing if not told by the self acclaimed Jester what one is looking for ?

You were asked which God you wanted us to love .. something that you had not revealed in the entire Thread so why do you suggest such a wild Goose chase ..

Now , if you will be so kind as to respond to the topic .. and tell us if Jealousy is the name of your God .. and if not .. then what is the name of this God you wish us to love .. as you do.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
You never directed me to anything in the thread .. Do you read the entire thread every time you respond in some thread ?
Nope. I also don't assume that people I interact with several pages into the thread haven't responded to the thread topic earlier in the thread.

.. and why would one go read the whole thing if not told by the self acclaimed Carnival Jester what one is looking for ?
To avoid looking foolish in making the assumption that one hasn't responded to the thread topic earlier in the thread before asking that person why they had't responded to the topic.

You were asked which God you wanted us to love ..
Where was I asked this and by whom?

Now , if you will be so kind as to respond to the topic .. and tell us if Jealousy is the name of your God .. and if not .. then what is the name of this God you wish us to love .. as you do.
What part of this...
I have no personal gods...
...are you struggling to understand?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That's exactly what I have been saying.
I don't think you mean 'change' in the same way I mean it.

I said: Since the omniscient deity knows and sees simultaneously past, present and future He does not have to 'change' what He knows and sees.

What I meant is that God knows and sees everything on earth that ever happened, what is happening now, and what will happen in the future simultaneously, so what God knows and sees does not change.

God reveals something different in scriptures from age to age, and that is a 'change' for humans, but since God always knew He was going to reveal something different, God did not change His mind.
Your example is not really an ...example. First of all nobody falls in love on the first date, when they don't know each other.
I did, and we got married three weeks later. We were married for 37 years, until his rather sudden demise about two years ago. :(
Secondly you have discussions face to face with the other person and can judge whether it is worth your love or not. Unlike God, seeing and discussing with someone helps you decide.
Yes, I understand your point. I had to meet my late husband and discuss things with him before we decided to get married.
Obviously we cannot do that with God. We have to decide if God is worth loving based upon what scriptures say about God, or what we imagine.

Ajax

What I meant is that God knows and sees everything on earth that ever happened, what is happening now, and what will happen in the future simultaneously, so what God knows and sees does not change.

Even if you use logic -which you don't want to use- there is no way that an omniscient deity which knows and can see simultaneously past, present and future can change what it knows and sees. It's not that difficult.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Do you love God?

Yes, I do love One G-d whom Adam ,Zoroaster, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Krishna, the truthful (Jesus)Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, Socrates, Muhammad- the Last Prophet/Messenger and his Successor Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908 - the Second Coming/Messiah Imam Mahdi and the End-time reformer of all religions, loved, please, right?
Muhammad used to supplicate to One G-d for seeking His love and so did his Successor Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908.

Right?

Regards

This tread is not about if God exist or not
Help us all to love you more and more and still yet more until we become worthy of union with you.

Last edited: