• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you play an instrument?

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
If so, which ones?

I played guitar on and off for the last 13 years; I've played every instrument at one time or another, but never really getting all that interested in any of them. I'd really like to learn to play the harmonica better.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I used to play the flute... I'm convinced that's the reason I had excellent breathing when, by all rights, my scoliosis should have compressed my lungs. :)

robtex

Veteran Member
Darkdale said:
If so, which ones?

I played guitar on and off for the last 13 years; I've played every instrument at one time or another, but never really getting all that interested in any of them. I'd really like to learn to play the harmonica better.
That is so cool . I have such a deep respect for those that can play instruements. I cannot but I have to tell you you would love austin DD

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
C&N said:
guitar! what respectable songs can you play?

Free Fallen & Brown Eyed Girl.

jk :) respectable?

I don't remember the last song I learned to play. I mostly play my own stuff (folk old school rock and such). I can play some Guns and Roses and Metallica. I have a Gibson Epiphone, jumbo, and it's great for long drawn out chords and quasi-classical messing around. I'm your definition of average. I can do a lot of everything, but I can do nothing well, except sing. My voice is average, but I can improv a song for an hour without skipping a beat. You'd think every word was memorized. :)

jonny

I've played the piano since I was around 6. My mom used to set a timer for 30 minutes and make us sit in front of the piano every day. I never had lessons, but I eventually learned to play pretty good.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
jonny said:
I've played the piano since I was around 6. My mom used to set a timer for 30 minutes and make us sit in front of the piano every day. I never had lessons, but I eventually learned to play pretty good.

Quitting piano is one of my gravest regrets.

jonny

Darkdale said:
Quitting piano is one of my gravest regrets.
That's how I felt when I was learning to play it but I sure am glad that my mom was persistent. I really enjoy it now that I am older.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
jonny said:
That's how I felt when I was learning to play it but I sure am glad that my mom was persistent. I really enjoy it now that I am older.

I hate you. :) (with love, envy and respect of course)

Zephyr

Moved on
I started playing Viola in 4th grade, but I switched to Cello in 5th. I'm a junior in high school right now, and I still play it. I also play an electric bass. I tried an upright, but it just felt sort of funny.

I practice my bass for hours every day. I love it. I'm currently trying to learn "Eagle Fly Free" by Helloween (Glorious Bass line). I can also play guitar a bit, but only fingerpicking. Picks just **** me off.

Meesheltx

I used to play my cello :-( ...i miss it soo much. i moved to a hick town in high school that didn't have orchestra. But i kept playing my clarinet :-D

Zephyr

Moved on
Darkdale said:
If you could play an instrument, that you do not play, which would it be?
Well, lutes are pretty cool, but I would really love to get the upright bass nailed down... or at least a fretless electric.

Linus

Guitar.

I started out playing the guitar in 7th grade then I quit. I picked up the bass guitar when I was a junior in high school, then I picked the guitar back up again, and have been playing ever since. I'm now almost 21, and I still know a few bass lines, but I don't play it as much any more.

I own a 30 (about) year old Crown acoustic, and this past summer I bought a Fender Stratocaster. I love it.

QTpi

Mischevious One
In high school I played the trumpet, but not since then. I took piano lessons for several years and then practiced on my own. I love the piano, but I haven't played it in ages. I don't have one any more. I would really like to learn to play drums! :bounce

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I play the fool!:D

Seriously, my Mother was a very good pianist; she took me to a hall where there was one when I was under 10 years old, showed me a few notes, looked up and said"You'll never play".:(

I have always wanted to play either the piano or guitar, but my coordination and suppleness are so lacking that I think I'd better stick to appreciating others' playing!

Aqualung

Tasty
Jensa said:
I used to play the flute... I'm convinced that's the reason I had excellent breathing when, by all rights, my scoliosis should have compressed my lungs. :)
I used to play the flute, too, but now I've been "inactive" for so long I can barely hold my breath for 20 seconds! Now I just play bass guitar.

If I could play an instrument, it would be piano. You can learn so much about other things just by learning to play piano. Like I can't make up bass lines worth anything, but if I had started on piano, and got all that theory, I bet I would be able to.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Jensa said:
I used to play the trumpet and the flute - as well as a variety of other instruments - and I've always thought that's why even in the middle of an asthma attack if you give me a peak flow meter I can blow as good as or better than most 'normal' people.
Unfortunately doesn't stop me feeling like I'm dying, however.:(