• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you trust the government of your country

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Woman goes on vacation.
She returns to find that a contractor demolished her home by mistake.
Atlanta city threatens her with legal for not getting a demolition permit.
This is typical of many interactions with government here.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Being there are several countries represented here on RF, how many of you trust your government when relating to being upfront with truths, your well being, etc.

60/40 on a trust/not trust scale usually. But after 2016 it has dropped to about 50/50

SCOTUS is about a 3/10 these days.

And the executive branch is all but clipped wings with no voice. A figurehead to blame Congresses **** ups on.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Not me......

Not at all.......

They are all terrible people who are only in it for themselves

Not imo. Having served in a portion of the government. There are those that are there for the ability to help others, and do wonderful things. But eventually they get bullied out by the psychopaths that want power and control. Case in point was my military seperation.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Depends. Certain branches of the government deserve more trust than others, imo. By and large, local government tends to be less corrupt where I live than in other states or when compared to the federal level from what I've noticed

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Being there are several countries represented here on RF, how many of you trust your government when relating to being upfront with truths, your well being, etc.
The government is focused on the take.

Not interested in anyone's well being or care about the truth.