• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does “inspired by God” really means it was “written by God”?

gnostic

The Lost One
No i am definitely not an American.
The point i am trying to make is simply this... i have used an emphasized Los Angeles as the city of Lost Angels for mainly 2 reasons
1 : I likened & view the Holy Spirit as the Hollywood spirit because of the amount of micro movies they create and dispense into the
communities through the sleeping public.
2 : Hollywood is a production home & source for so many types of entertainment especially movies. That the city of Los
Angeles can be
classified as the city of Los
t Angels because of the nature of how we view the diversity of people that live there. From one extreme to
to another. Like the concept of 'fallen angels' which to me is simply another concept for the fall of
consciousness.
Here is a link that explains a little of how i am partially programmed .

i asked so that if you are an American, then you should know California history better than me.

but since, you are not an American, I would give you some leeway, and not criticise your claim so harshly.

now, you have been corrected, you really should give up your persistence of misinformed assumptions about the meaning of Los Angeles.

In its original Spanish name, it simply translated into “THE Angels”, and not “lost angels“.

it was formerly Spanish colony, which its name, predated “Hollywood”.

you real shouldn’t persist on misusing the name of city, after you have been corrected, because the continuation of using the “lost angels“ would be considered as LYING.

the meaning of Los Angeles.

In its original Spanish name, it simply translated into “THE Angels”, and not “lost angels“.
So we have now identified the above fact. In the concept of city of 'the Angels' people identify Angels from the direction of heaven ....this we can safely state, is a fact!
Now here is a question ...'Why would Angels be earth bound & what would an Angel or Angels be doing in a city on earth?'
Perhaps if you are able to answer this simple question. We can then get back to the nature of this thread.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So we have now identified the above fact. In the concept of city of 'the Angels' people identify Angels from the direction of heaven ....this we can safely state, is a fact!
Now here is a question ...'Why would Angels be earth bound & what would an Angel or Angels be doing in a city on earth?'
Perhaps if you are able to answer this simple question. We can then get back to the nature of this thread.

Just because they call the city "The Angels," it doesn't mean there are actually angels there. Ironically, the Los Angeles Angels don't even play in Los Angeles. Their stadium is in Anaheim, the home of Disneyland.

gnostic

The Lost One

It is just a name of the city, thebenbenstone.

People are naming their cities, to whatever they are or were. Understanding the origins of such names, do provide some historical contexts as they have named them as such.

It has nothing to with actual angels being bound on earth. All you are doing is playing the game of what-ifs, right now, which have nothing to do with the origins of the cities' names.

Not only are you overcomplicating the origin of Los Angeles' name, your question right now, is purely speculative, which I have no real answer for, because as far as I can tell, God didn't name the city, nor did any angel, and it wasn't name by Satan or by of his minions. You question is not only speculative, you want to answer a fantasy that you've just made up, about some fantasies, about fallen angels.

When the Spaniards found Los Angeles, they were religious people, and clearly they named the city after the Lady, who supposedly to be the "Queen of Angels" (in which @IndigoChild5559 given you the full name of the city), but over time, it was shorten to just "The Angels", hence Los Angeles.

And the time of Los Angeles was founded, Hollywood didn't exist yet. This name didn't appear until the late 19th century, and in the early 20th century, Hollywood would later become the home of some motion picture studios. Your claim that Hollywood is place of fallen angels, it is just more speculations and fantasies.

As much as I like fantasies and fictions, you are asking question that are, to put it bluntly - frivolous and ludicrous.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Just because it's called "The Angels" doesn't mean it has anything to do with angels. As I told you before, the original name of Los Angeles was El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles. It means The City of Our Lady the Queen of the Angels. It is a Catholic title for the virgin Mary. When the Spanish first came to California, they set up missions, which they named after various saints. In this case the mission was named after the virgin Mary. The city grew up around the mission. It's just a place name, in honor of a saint. There are no actual angels involved, nor is Mary present.

gnostic

The Lost One
Just because it's called "The Angels" doesn't mean it has anything to do with angels. As I told you before, the original name of Los Angeles was El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles. It means The City of Our Lady the Queen of the Angels. It is a Catholic title for the virgin Mary. When the Spanish first came to California, they set up missions, which they named after various saints. In this case the mission was named after the virgin Mary. The city grew up around the mission. It's just a place name, in honor of a saint. There are no actual angels involved, nor is Mary present.

Yes, the Spaniards are and were generally devout Catholics, and often named churches, monasteries, abbeys, hospitals, towns, cities, etc, after certain saints.

And yes, the Roman Catholic Church have given the Virgin Mary many titles, including Our Lady and the Queen of Angels.

San Diego was named after Saint James, San Francisco was named after Saint Francis, etc. Other than the Virgin Mary, Saint James was the other patron saint of Spain.

But none of these saints were actua founders of these cities, it is just that catholic people like naming places after particular saints.

The problem is with @thebenbenstone placing too much emphasis on the names as if the angels really were either earth-bound like fallen angels. It is too much fantasies, and not much reality in thebenbenstone’s claims.

joelr

That’s my question:

Does “inspired by God” really means it was “written by God”?​
That should never be a thing any longer. Ever. Without sufficient evidence. Because it's only a matter of time before some charasmatic person with a talent for writing and manipulation gets "god messages" and a huge following thinking his ideas are what god wants. His ideas could be what we consider immoral. But since God is the creator, he gets to say what is moral.