• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does "God" exist (LHP style)

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I am god. I typed this. So i must exist ergo god exist.

haribol

This is a stupid question. What is God? God is the fabrication of your mind. We heard lots of things from our parents or relatives or friends and that conditioned our mindsets and we think through certain subversion. In the name of God we create or paint an image on our minds-cape and worship this abstract idea. Having said this however I do not mean I know it for certain. I just cannot conceive that there is something as we think or the way our brains frame an image, a biblical or Muhammadan or Hindu God in some high-place.

The world is indeed mysterious, unknown and indefinable, yet this does not give any indication of the existence of God. Human consciousness or knowability is limited and our thought processes or ranges of imagination cannot travel beyond certain perceptual peripherals. And we know this universe is immeasurable or at least we are not equipped with the capacity for comprehending the lengths and breadths of this universe.

That is why I do not want to confuse myself and the rest I am interaction with with this stupid philosophical question. Id not say if anybody goes to the temple or the monastery or synagogue is stupid but only those who try to philosophize the idea of God. It is not something you can easily share. If you do, you are fooling somebody into your stupid ideas.

Orias

Left Hand Path
This is a stupid question. What is God? God is the fabrication of your mind. We heard lots of things from our parents or relatives or friends and that conditioned our mindsets and we think through certain subversion. In the name of God we create or paint an image on our minds-cape and worship this abstract idea. Having said this however I do not mean I know it for certain. I just cannot conceive that there is something as we think or the way our brains frame an image, a biblical or Muhammadan or Hindu God in some high-place.

The world is indeed mysterious, unknown and indefinable, yet this does not give any indication of the existence of God. Human consciousness or knowability is limited and our thought processes or ranges of imagination cannot travel beyond certain perceptual peripherals. And we know this universe is immeasurable or at least we are not equipped with the capacity for comprehending the lengths and breadths of this universe.

That is why I do not want to confuse myself and the rest I am interaction with with this stupid philosophical question. Id not say if anybody goes to the temple or the monastery or synagogue is stupid but only those who try to philosophize the idea of God. It is not something you can easily share. If you do, you are fooling somebody into your stupid ideas.

Good post.

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
We are the creators of our own gods and god concepts.

I would say that our gods/god concepts are pictures or reflections of our own psyches. What human concept can exist without a human?

NIX

Daughter of Chaos

I would say that our gods/god concepts are pictures or reflections of our own psyches. What human concept can exist without a human?

Can we create a thing that is greater than our own self?
Can that thing then make us greater?

Yes.

That said, our gods can also destroy us.

Last edited:

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
For some of us (the label) 'God' speaks far more to our own dynamic experience of the unknown, than it does to any questions of 'existence'. It is the transcendent experience of the journey one takes in the realms of the psyche where 'anything is possible'.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member

NIX brings up an interesting point. The gods, as creations of the human mind, cannot exist without the existence of humans. This takes me to the Setian view of the Lord of Darkness, which to me, is the only god that is not unto itself the creation of man, but rather, the mind of man is the creation of the Lord of Darkness, who I know as Set.

So long as mankind exists upon the Earth, Set shall roam this world and will come to those who seek Him. However, should we fail, if mankind is annihilated through ill will or chance, the Majesty of Set will fade and be ended upon this Earth. Even so, Set is a Being for which time has no meaning and has the whole of the Infinite at His fingertips. Set will continue to explore the Universe and to seek those of His own Kind on other worlds and in other dimensions. Just one Setians opinion. :D

Xeper.
/Adramelek\