• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God get fed up with us?

gottalovemoses

Im mad as Hell!
Well apparently he has everlasting mercy. He is always there for us to go back and repent our sins. He is ready to listen when we are truly humble.
I got this feeling recently though. My real life situation is OK but it could be better. And I am to blame for changing jobs so often that I end up with one where I can hardly make ends meet.
I struggle to feel God's love sometimes. I think He is kind of fed up with my folding under pressure, (real or imagined). He wants me to stand up and be counted. To face realities without running away.
By His grace may I become the person He wants me to be. I've almost tossed all worldly ambition out the window. I need to start working directly for Jesus Christ as my line manager but at the same time best friend.
What does He have in store for me I wonder? Will I fulfill his plans for me? (oh I can be so melodramatic sometimes :) ) yeah ok its not all about me, I know that

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Well apparently he has everlasting mercy. He is always there for us to go back and repent our sins. He is ready to listen when we are truly humble.
I got this feeling recently though. My real life situation is OK but it could be better. And I am to blame for changing jobs so often that I end up with one where I can hardly make ends meet.
I struggle to feel God's love sometimes. I think He is kind of fed up with my folding under pressure, (real or imagined). He wants me to stand up and be counted. To face realities without running away.
By His grace may I become the person He wants me to be. I've almost tossed all worldly ambition out the window. I need to start working directly for Jesus Christ as my line manager but at the same time best friend.
What does He have in store for me I wonder? Will I fulfill his plans for me? (oh I can be so melodramatic sometimes :) ) yeah ok its not all about me, I know that

I consider this a rather anthropomorphic view of God, and superficial CEO management system in a human image of God.

gottalovemoses

Im mad as Hell!
I'm starting to realise why this forum has a "boredom" factor. Its because no one is encouraged to show their vulnerability. Smart alecs who don't believe in anything are encouraged to take digs, pot shots, which is fine I guess except they don't like being on the receiving end.
Atheists are really like vampires. They feed off the life of others. They have no life themselves because their addiction to logic has suffocated their use of imagination or thinking out side the square. In short they have become bores.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
I don't think God gets "fed up" with us. He loves us, and desires our salvation, and is ready to help us in whatever way is most beneficial for us. However, when we're not listening to what He's trying to tell us, it's been my experience that He decides to step back and let us figure it out for ourselves until we're ready to go back and truly listen to Him.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm starting to realise why this forum has a "boredom" factor. Its because no one is encouraged to show their vulnerability. Smart alecs who don't believe in anything are encouraged to take digs, pot shots, which is fine I guess except they don't like being on the receiving end.
Atheists are really like vampires. They feed off the life of others. They have no life themselves because their addiction to logic has suffocated their use of imagination or thinking out side the square. In short they have become bores.

This is a much friendlier place than many others which are true cesspools. Also you are overgeneralizing as I see it. I've found the atheists here as diverse as believers

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Smart alecs who don't believe in anything are encouraged to take digs, pot shots, which is fine I guess except they don't like being on the receiving end.
Atheists are really like vampires. They feed off the life of others.

Yet it is you, the Christian, now sniping at unbelievers.

They have no life themselves because their addiction to logic has suffocated their use of imagination or thinking out side the square.

You should try logic. It works.
In short they have become bores.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for your next 300 threads this week.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Just as a mother cow delights in licking off the dirt of her calf out of love, so too does the Lord's infinitely uncaused love and mercy care for us when we sin. :)

gottalovemoses

Im mad as Hell!
This is a much friendlier place than many others which are true cesspools. Also you are overgeneralizing as I see it. I've found the atheists here as diverse as believers
Ok where's the fun threads here? Please direct me to them. Where's all the energy? the 200 post plus threads as well?

Jedster

You guys don't deserve me.
You can bore each other to tears instead.

I am surprised that a self-proclaimed 'mature' person could get bored here so quickly.
In your profile you say Take me seriously...or else!

Or else what? (I ask out of curiosity)

Otherwise, welcome to RF.

gottalovemoses

Im mad as Hell!
I am surprised that a self-proclaimed 'mature' person could get bored here so quickly.
In your profile you say Take me seriously...or else!
That just goes to show how lacking in humour you people are.
It's a joke. Don't you get it? Or are you another trapped in logicotopia?
I'm mature becomes immature when ...oh don't worry, explaining it would just ......

Jedster

That just goes to show how lacking in humour you people are.
It's a joke. Don't you get it? Or are you another trapped in logicotopia?
I'm mature becomes immature when ...oh don't worry, explaining it would just ......

My bad then.
I am glad you have a sense of humour.
After reading you saying "You guys don't deserve me.
You can bore each other to tears instead.", which insults everyone here, I made the wrong deduction that you are humorless.

Anyway, this is a great place, give it a chance, as any mature person would.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Wow!! Talk about pot shots, you apparently prefer the shotgun approach to those who believe differently.